Playdough is one of our favourite materials for sensory play. It is a great way for kids to explore their sense of touch, use their creativity to build, and to strengthen fine motor skills ready for writing. Making playdough can be a lot of fun too, there are so many different varieties to try out.
Here are some of the simple playdough recipes we have enjoyed using. I’ll be adding more to this page over time, so you may want to bookmark or pin the page so that you can check back.
I’m including all types of sensory dough recipes in this page, along with traditional playdough.
Simple Playdough Recipes
- Simple playdough recipe: Fool proof cooked playdough
- Simple playdough recipe : Sparkly gel dough
- Simple playdough recipe : Roti dough
- Simple playdough recipe : No Cook with flour and baby oil
- Simple playdough recipe : No Cook fruit scented
- Simple playdough recipe : No Cook glitter snow dough
- Simple playdough recipe : cinnamon and ginger cloud dough
- Simple playdough recipe: Chocolate cloud dough
- Simple playdough recipe: Shimmer playdough
- 20 Simple playdough recipes: Autumn
- Simple playdough recipes : Winter and Festive
- Playdough 10 ways
- 10 Doughs for sensory play
- Colour matching with moon dough
- Exploring moondough
- Playdough sensory bags
- Use playdough to work on handwriting skills
- 5 Ways to play with playdough
- Dinosaur foot print fossils
- Letter learning with Plasticine (Arabic or English) (with Arabic alphabet printables)
- Make a Race Track with Playdough or Kinetic sand
- X Marks the Spot : Cloud Dough Word and Letter Treasure Hunt (with CVC and sight word printables)
- Creativity with Dinosaurs and Playdough
- Baking role play with playdough
- Playdough Wind Up Racing Monsters
Playdough is just one of many sensory play activities we love to do at home. For more ideas, take a look at our sensory play page.