Making playdough wind up racing monsters is a simple playdough game that was a lot of fun for my boys. They love racing with wind up toys, and they love creating with playdough so this combination was a natural fit for their interests.
For this playdough racing monsters activity you will need: (affiliate links included)
- Old wind up toys that are not being used
- Playdough in multiple colours. Use one of these playdough recipes or shop bought playdoh
We repurposed this robo modelling kit which is handy if you don’t have spare wind up toys available to use. The kit comes with air drying clay, so if you want the monsters to be able to be mixed and matched throughout play then just put that aside and use regular playdough.
Will the bigger heavier monster with more playdough be able to move faster or slower?
What happens when you make the monster top heavy, or bottom heavy?
You can also combine this with stop watch play to add a little more excitement to the racing.
The boys made all kind of fun designs, like a ghost monster
- Make a Race Track with Playdough or Kinetic sand
- Use playdough to work on handwriting skills
- Letter learning with Plasticine (Arabic or English)
- Creativity with Dinosaurs and Playdough
- Baking role play with playdough
Follow our kids activities and ideas board on Pinterest for even more simple fun play ideas for kids.
And don’t forget to pin this idea for later