Make this fun snowflake craft with the kids, which can be used as a cute homemade Christmas decoration. I like this one because it’s very quick and easy!
The finished wooden snowflake decorations can be hung on the Christmas tree or placed to decorate on the mantle piece or window sill.
The holidays are around the corner, and with that comes time to decorate for the season!
Making your own homemade decorations and crafts for Christmas is such a fun tradition and a great way to keep the kids busy during the Christmas holidays.
When it comes to the winter holiday decorations, I know a lot of people don’t like to spend money on the same old decorations and it’s a great opportunity to make something special with the children.
I wanted to share a simple DIY idea for some festive winter snowflakes that can easily be made with simple materials you have at home!
These awesome DIY snowflake ornaments are so cute and simple they can be made by your little ones.
With snow on the ground and snowmen hanging from windows, it’s the perfect time to spend some quality time with the kids and get them crafting.
These Snowflake Ornaments are a simple and fun craft project that you can make with kids of all ages!
Snowflake Ornament Craft Tutorial
I know that it’s a busy time of year and you probably don’t have a lot of extra time to spend on crafting projects.
I know you probably also feel a bit overwhelmed by the idea of trying to create a DIY snowflake ornament. So let me take the stress off your shoulders.
We’re going to walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to create this project with just a few simple supplies. This is a perfect Christmas craft to create with your kids, or even with the grandkids!
So let’s grab some craft supplies and get making
To make these wooden snowflake ornaments, you will need the following basic craft supplies.
- Wooden clothes pins (aka clothes pegs) – ideally eight per snowflake
- White Paint – acrylic paint is great for this.
- Glue – strong glue, a hot glue gun will work great for this as it will hold more firmly.
- Glitter (optional) – silver, white or blue work great with the snowflake theme.
- Thread or ribbon to hang (optional)
- Paint brushes
Method – How to make the Wooden Snowflakes Craft
- First, Gather all the materials together and you’re ready to get started.
- Ask the kids to arrange the clothes pegs to make a snowflake shape as shown here in the pictures. You will want 8 wooden pegs per snowflake for the best results.
- Once they are happy with their snowflake formations, glue all of the clothes pegs together and allow the glue to dry.
- Once the glue is dry and your snowflake shapes are ready, it’s time to paint everything white
- Sprinkle with glitter if desired for added Christmas sparkle.
- If you want to hang these up on the Christmas tree, add a piece of string or ribbon through one of the holes in each snowflake and tie up to create a loop for hanging.
Printable instruction sheet below if needed.
How to make a snowflake ornament from clothes pegs
- 8 Wooden clothes pins per snowflake
- White Paint
- Glitter (optional)
- Paint brushes
- Glue gun (optional)
- Gather all the materials
- Arrange your clothes pegs to make a snowflake shape as shown (roughly 8 per snowflake is best)
- Glue all of the clothes pegs together and allow the glue to dry
- Once dry, paint white
- Sprinkle with glitter if desired
Full details in blog post on intheplayroom.co.uk
More Snowflake Crafts and Activities
Looking for more snowflake fun for kids? You need to try our snowflake coloring pages, free snowflake printables, snowflake themed activities and more
If you enjoyed this easy snowflake craft for kids, please go ahead and share with friends and family or pin to your Pinterest Boards. Thank you so much.
We hope you enjoyed these easy wooden snowflake craft for kids, and have fun putting them together.
Happy Crafting and merry Christmas!
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.