Fall is finally upon us, and it’s that glorious time of year when oak trees start dropping lots of acorns. While real acorns are fun, why not make an adorable handprint acorn craft with your little ones?
Today we have a printable acorn craft that includes your kiddos little hand print. Not only is it a fun activity, but it’s also an excellent way to develop fine motor skills.
Autumn is the perfect time for fall crafts and acorns are a classic, so let’s get started with this easy acorn craft.
Follow the easy step by step instructions below for this fun fall craft, that the kids are going to love. The perfect way to spend an Autumn morning, or afternoon.
Create a charming handprint acorn craft with your little ones this fall! Utilizing simple materials like construction paper and markers, this delightful project not only entertains but also helps develop fine motor skills.
The best part? We offer a free printable acorn template for easy crafting!
- Brown Construction paper - In 2 shades of brown, a darker and a lighter shade.
- Brown pen
- Black Marker
- Printer for template
- Gather all your materials
- Print and cut the template and trace and cut it to the corresponding papers.
- A handprint shape has been provided, but it's best to draw around your child's hand to make it more personal.
- Make the eyes by cutting two small circles or from the template then shade the inner part. Add it to the handprint template.
- Add the details of the acorn head using the brown pen by drawing circles over it. Then add it at the top of the handprint. You want the fingers pointing downwards
- Lastly, draw a smile to finish off the handprint acorn!
Step 1: Print, Trace, and Cut
To start, you’ll want to print our free acorn template that includes a handprint shape.
You can find this template at the end of this post in PDF format. Even though it comes with a handprint shape, we highly recommend drawing around your child’s hands on a piece of construction paper for a more personalized project.
Once you’ve traced the acorn shapes and handprints, use scissors to cut them out.
Step 2: Make the Eyes
This step is much fun for the kids! Cut out two small circles for the eyes or use the ones from the template.
You can shade the inner part of these circles with a brown pen or marker.
Stick these onto the handprint using a glue stick.
Step 3: Add the Acorn Cap
Now, it’s time to focus on the top of the acorn, often referred to as the acorn cap.
Use a brown pen to draw circles or patterns on the cap for a realistic touch. Attach this to the top of your handprint acorn.
Step 4: Draw a Smile!
Last but not least, use a black marker to draw a smile on your adorable acorn craft.
Now you have a finished product that is perfect for bulletin board displays or autumn activities with different age groups.
Fun Ways to Enhance Your Acorn Craft:
- Sensory Play: Follow your acorn craft with some autumn sensory bins filled with pom-poms, small acorns and other sensory bin fillers like dyed pasta or dyed rice in autumn colors.
- Customize: Feel free to use your favorite art supplies. A little watercolor or even a little glitter glue can make this a unique and fun craft.
- Blank canvas: You could use plain white paper with the template, to make an acorn stencil or blank acorn template that you then color with water color paints.
- Acorn process art: Put together the printable acorn craft shape on white paper or card stock, then place in a tray with some paint and some acorns. Roll the tray around until the acorn shape is covered in paint in its own unique pattern.
Download PDF Template
Click below to download your printable templates. This digital file is free for personal use and classroom use. Not for commercial use.
This acorn craft is not just for personal use at home; it’s also a great way to engage kids in the classroom. The free printable acorn templates are versatile and can be incorporated into learning activities.
Crafting is a wonderful way to spend quality time with your children, and this easy acorn craft is the perfect fall activity. For those rainy fall days, this is a superb indoor activity that not only entertains but also educates. Next time you’re stuck for an obvious craft idea, why not consider this one?
More Autumn Crafts
We hope you enjoyed this Autumn craft with the kids, check out some of our other fall activities too. You’re sure to find the perfect fall craft for kids of all ages.
- Autumn Nature Puzzle
- Upcycled Glitter Autumn Leaf Craft (Fall Decor)
- Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Craft With Free Printable Template
- How to Make a Super Cute Fall Fairy Paper Craft with Free Printable Template
- Cardboard Tube and Yarn Autumn Trees
- Autumn Tree Handprint Craft
- Tree Boggart Nature Art
We also have lots more paper crafts, printable crafts and craft templates here at In The Playroom, for all seasons. So browse around and have a look.
What better way to celebrate the fall season than by spending quality time crafting with your little buddies?
This handprint acorn craft is simple, cute, and a whole lot of fun. It’s a fun way to introduce kids to the joys of fall and the wonderful world of little acorns.
Happy Crafting! 🍂🍁
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.