On Christmas Eve, many families leave cookies and milk out for Santa, but what about his reindeer? Santa’s team deserves a special treat for the hard work they do on their busiest day of the year. That’s why Personal Creations’ created a reindeer food recipe and printables to leave out for santa’s helpers! Guide Rudolf and his team to your home this Christmas Eve with reindeer food they’ll love.
With ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen, mix oats, sprinkles and a pinch of sugar to create a special treat the children can leave out the night before Christmas. This is the perfect way to say “thank you” to all of Santa’s hard-working helpers. Once you have your reindeer food, sprinkle onto your yard and await the morning for a special surprise: presents under the tree!
Reindeer Food Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup red and green sugar crystals/sprinkles
- 5×7 clear cellophane bag
- Carrots (healthy reindeer food)
- Cookies for Santa
- Stir all the ingredients together and add to a plastic bag.
- Staple poem to the bag at all four corners.
- On Christmas Eve, sprinkle the reindeer food outside and recite the special poem!
Check the Personal Creations site for all of the free printables, including sweet festive poems and tags for the food bags that kids can colour.
Pin it for later