As the autumn leaves start to twirl down, it’s time to gear up your creative spirit with a bit of seasonal crafting. Yes, Halloween is just around the corner and what could be a better way to welcome it than by making your very own flying witch paper plate craft?
Crafting with the kids not only lets you all showcase your artistic side, but it also brings a whole load of benefits with it.
So, let’s get right into it!
This craft is wonderful for crafters of all ages. Young children will enjoy the hands-on experience, playing with colors, and developing their fine motor skills. It’s an ideal Halloween craft for preschoolers, and older kids too.
This makes a perfect paper plate craft this Halloween. This October festival steeped in tradition and folklore, is an exhilarating time that thrills people of all ages, and what makes this Halloween craft idea even more fun is that it’s interactive – the popsicle stick Witch can be used as a moveable puppet for spooky story telling.
Related: 24 Amazing Skeleton Books For Kids
During this season, the air is filled with a festive fervor and a tingling anticipation of the fun and joy that Halloween brings.
What sets Halloween apart is the ample scope it provides for creativity and crafting. From carving pumpkins to making costumes, it’s a time where imaginations run wild, and crafts take the center stage, adding more color and excitement to the celebrations.
Step-by-Step Guide For Creating Your Flying Witch Craft
Now, without further ado, let’s dive into the creation of our fabulous flying witch, a craft that suits everyone from budding little artists to seasoned craft enthusiasts. Here’s what you need and how to go about it:
Dive into the festive season with this delightful Flying Witch craft! Simple, fun, and utterly magical, this DIY project involves creating a bewitching scene on a paper plate with a blend of vibrant paints and construction paper.
Ideal for crafters of all ages, it promises creativity, joy, and a sprinkle of Halloween magic!
- Paper plate
- Popsicle stick
- Black and yellow paint
- Construction papers (yellow, orange, green, white, and black)
- Yellow yarn
- Glue stick
- First, gather all your materials ready for the craft.
- Begin by painting the paper plate black and let it dry thoroughly. Then, make a slit at the bottom part for our witch to ‘fly’ through later on.
- To create a starry night sky, sprinkle drops of white and yellow paint at the top of the paper plate using the paintbrush. Let your creativity flow freely here!
- Next, it's time to craft our witch using the vibrant construction papers. Use basic shapes to copy our example here and assemble your witch figure. Basic circles and triangles - Assemble -
- Cut strips in the orange construction paper to give the witch textured orange hair and add it to the back of her hat. You will also want to add facial details, a smile and a black dot for the eyes
- Create a realistic witch’s broom using the yellow yarn and a popsicle stick, giving your witch a magical accessory to fly on. First cut some yarn then glue to the popsicle stick and attach to the witch.
- Once your witch is ready, attach the broom at the bottom and then add a popsicle stick to turn her into a puppet
- For an enchanting touch, attach a moon cut out from the yellow paper at the left side of the paper plate.
- Now, gently insert the witch into the slit you made earlier, making her appear as if she's flying across the moonlit sky.
- Voila! Your enchanting paper plate flying witch is ready to grace your Halloween celebrations!
This flying witch craft is not only a delightful activity that rings in the Halloween spirit but is also a brilliant way to enjoy the numerous benefits that crafting offers.
So whether you are a toddler, a teenager, or an adult, grab your crafting supplies and create your magical flying witch to add a mystical touch to your Halloween decorations. Happy Crafting!
More Halloween Crafts
As October unfurls its vibrant hues, the anticipation for Halloween grows. During this season, there is a kind of excitement in the air, an eagerness to deck up our spaces with spooky yet fascinating decorations.
But, why stop at store-bought decor? This Halloween, why not embrace the joy of creating something with your own hands?
From eerie lanterns to mini pumpkin decorations, the options are simply endless.
So, pull out those craft supplies and immerse yourself in the world of Halloween crafting, where every creation is a masterpiece, echoing the mirth and mysticism of the season.
- Easy Skeleton Craft With Free Printable Template
- Toilet Paper Roll Frankenstein Craft
- Easy Toilet Paper Roll Mummy Craft
- Painted Pumpkin Seed Craft
- Paper Plate Handprint Spider and Web
More Halloween Fun
This Halloween, take the fun quotient up a notch with activities that resonate with the festive spirit.
Be it hosting a Halloween movie marathon, organizing a backyard costume party, or setting up a haunted house for the neighborhood kids, there’s no limit to the fun you can have.
Halloween is a time to let loose, to embrace the mysterious, and to revel in the joyous moments that come with it.
So go ahead, plan some exciting activities, and make this Halloween a time of fun, laughter, and magical memories.
- 13 Free Printable Halloween Signs
- 63 Best Fun Halloween Songs for Kids
- 100 Spooky Halloween Riddles and Jokes For Kids With Answers (Free Printable)
- 5 Free Halloween Word Search Printables
Please share this easy Halloween craft with friends and family, on social media or pin on Pinterest. Thanks so much!
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.