With New Years Eve on it’s way, I have been seeing so many creative and fun ideas for kids to enjoy this special day and I just couldn’t resist collecting some of my favourites to share with you all.
If you’re planning a New Years Eve party, letting the kids stay up until midnight or just celebrating a little earlier in the day before they fall asleep, some of these ideas are sure to be a hit with your little ones as we move into 2015.
Party Games for Kids
If you’re having a New Year’s Eve party, you’ll need some fun games to keep the kids entertained. Why not try some of these.
- Musical Statues / Chairs / Bumps (see here for where to stream good quality music for kids for free)
- Pin the nose on the Rudolph / Pin the 12 on the Clock
- Play Coconut Bowling or some of these other fun games from around the world at One Time Through.
- Play New Years Eve Bingo with this free printable at From Playdough to Plato
- Make some noise with party celebration shakers like these from A Little Pinch of Perfect
New Years Eve Party Supplies
A few simple supplies can add a lot of fun to a kids New Year’s Eve party. Why not stock up on these party basics:
Make a New Year Count down Clock
Other fun ways to count down the New Year
- Try a count down paper chain like this one from Sugar Aunts with activity ideas on each strip. Rip one off each hour!
- These fun count down balloons from Craftibilities have an activity inside each balloon. Pop it to see what to do next!
- Print off this New Years Eve count down colouring sheet from Playdough to Plato. Colour one firework each hour!
- Make a New Years count down ball like this one from JDaniel 4’s Mom
Fireworks Crafts for New Years Eve
- Make a pop up firework like this one from My Little 3 and Me
- Make these fireworks pictures using an empty toilet roll tube
- Make these fireworks pictures with spinning tops and paint – messy but very fun!
- Make these simple fireworks pictures with chalk markers
- Or find 15 more Fireworks activities here on In The Playroom
If you are setting off fireworks during your party, don’t forget the fireworks safety tips.
Make a Keepsake of the Year
- Make a New Years discovery bottle like this one from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Make New Years T-shirts with fabric pens and decorations, or a t-shirt to remember the best moments of the previous year.
- Make a time capsule like this one from Fun Crafts Kids
- Do a yearly interview with your child. These would be great fun to look back on!
New Year Wishes
The New Year is always a time for new wishes and resolutions. For looking back at the previous year, and looking forward to the new one with excitement. Get children involved in this feeling by making some fun wishing wands for them to share their wishes and hopes for the new year.
- Wishing wand from Nurture Store
- Wishing Spin Drums from No Time for Flashcards
- Make Paper Fortune Cookies like these from Unsophisticook. Although for Chinese New Year, these could work at any New Year and would be fun to write lots of good wishes then see which one each person gets.
Sparkly, Glittery and Fun New Year Themed Sensory Play ideas
Sparkly, Squidy fun! Kids will love to get involved with these sensory play activities to ring in the New Year
- New Year Playdough at Buggy and Buddy
- Sparkly Gel Dough at In The Playroom
- New Year Cloud dough at Crafts on Sea
- Party Slime at Left Brain Craft Brain
New Years Eve Party Food
However you end up celebrating, we wish you all a very happy and healthy new year for 2015!
For even more New Years Eve ideas, follow our Pinterest board: