If you’re looking for the best kids party songs to get the kids up on the dance floor for a good time without suggestive lyrics, swearing or vulgar language, we’ve got you covered.
Here is a list of mom-approved pop music for a dance party playlist to keep the whole family happy.
When it comes to kids parties, you want them to have an unforgettable time.
You want the music playing at the party to be more than just background noise, but rather something that is actually engaging with the kids, but just as importantly, you want to be able to listen to these songs with MP3 player without going crazy yourself.
There are many great songs out there for kids parties, let us walk you through some of our best party songs playlist recommendations.
These suggestions work whether you’re looking for music for kids birthday party, putting together a year 6 school leaver’s party playlist, planning a disco for the family New Year’s Eve party or more.
No matter what kind of party you have, this ultimate disco playlist will keep the dance floor going!
The best parties are the ones that are full of energy, laughter, and fun. Here are some songs that will keep your kids dancing all night!
Kid Friendly Pop Songs
Each of these is an upbeat song with clean lyrics that will have you busting out your crazy dance moves along with the kids.
These modern hits are suitable for kids of all ages, and are mainstream fairly recent tunes that should be crowd pleasers with something for both little kids and older kids, without driving us parents too crazy.
Our kids are quick to complain when we break out the old school Disco Essentials playlist or turn up our 90s R&B (Clearly.. they don’t know what’s good! We did sneak just a couple of these in, they are good songs!)
So we have put together a list of fun songs and great tunes by today’s favorite pop artists, including a mix of classic kid friendly pop sounds, current trending sounds from TikTok and uplifting songs without swearing from Apple Music’s Today’s Hits playlist.
- Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (Clean version)
- B.O.B – Airplane
- BTS – Dynamite
- Black Eyed Peas – I gotta Feeling
- Black Eyed Peas – Where is the Love
- Brandy and Mace – Top of the World
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk
- Bruno Mars – Count on Me
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
- Cheryl Cole – Fight for this love
- Dermot Kennedy – Giants
- Dua Lipa & Elton John – Cold Heart
- Dua Lipa – Break My Heart
- Dua Lipa – Levitating
- Earth Wind and Fire – Boogie Wonderland
- Ed Sheeran – Shivers
- Glass Animals – Heat Waves
- Harry Styles – Watermelon Sugar
- Idina Menzel – Let it Go (from the movie Frozen)
- Imagine Dragons – Thunder
- Jessie J – Price Tag
- Justin Bieber – Baby
- Justin Bieber – Yummy
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop the Feeling
- Katy Perry – Firework
- Katy Perry – Roar
- LEGO movie – Everything is Awesome
- Little Mix – Confetti
- Little Mix – Wings
- LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
- Mabel – Don’t Call Me Up
- Maroon 5 and Megan Thee Stallion – Beautiful Mistakes
- Miley Cyrus – Party in the USA
- Niall Horan – No Judgement
- Nicki Minaj – Super Bass
- Olivia Rodrigo – Good 4 U
- Olly Murs – Dance with me tonight
- One Direction – What Makes you Beautiful
- Owl City – Fireflies
- Panic at the Disco – High Hopes
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Post Malone and Swae Lee – Sunflower from Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse
- Reel 2 Real – I Like to Move It
- Rihanna – Please Don’t Stop the Music
- Selena Gomez – Who Says
- Sia – Cheap Thrills
- Smash Mouth – I’m a Believer (from the Shrek movie)
- Spice Girls – Wannabe
- Taylor Swift – Love Story
- Taylor Swift – Mean
- Taylor Swift – Shake it Off
- Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s Version)
- The Anxiety, Willow and Tyler Cole – Meet Me At Our Spot (Clean version)
- The Weeknd – Blinding Lights
- Van Halen – Jump
- Will Smith – Men in Black
- Willow Smith – Whip my hair
- Wizkid – Essence
- Zendaya & Zac Efron – Rewrite the Stars (from the Greatest Showman soundtrack)
- Zendaya & Zac Efron – The Greatest Show
Note: Quite a few of these songs are featured on the dancing game Just Dance so if you happen to have a copy of this game available, it’s fun to hook this up with the XBOX Kinnect or Wii for a fun party game with the kids.
Novelty Kids Songs and Songs with Dances
So these are the ones which you may not want to hear on repeat, but throw in a few of these famous songs with dances and you will get everybody up on the dance floor. If you wanna dance and get involved in the Macarena we won’t judge.
Some of these songs are classics and top party songs that you might remember from our own school disco days but active kids will enjoy learning these dances, singing along and having so much fun together with their friends.
- Black Lace – Superman
- Cameo – Candy
- Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting
- DJ Casper – Cha Cha Slide
- Los Del Rio – Macarena
- Michael Jackson – Thriller
- Pink Fong – Baby Shark
- Psy – Gangnam Style
- Spice Girls – Stop
- Survivor – Eye of the Tiger
- Village People – YMCA
- Whigfield – Saturday Night
- Ylvis – What Does the Fox Say
The playlist is one of the most important elements of any party – kids included. We hope you found this list useful for some extra inspiration of what to add to your Spotify playlists or ultimate birthday party album for your child.
Be sure to add your child’s favourite song too if it did not make the list! The best songs for your kid’s party are of course the ones that they love and every child’s musical taste is different even at a young age.
Look out for our Songs for Kids Christmas Party Playlist coming soon. The festive season is coming and we have got you covered for your next party, whether you are planning a big event or just fancy a disco party in your living room. These are the fun moments that childhood are made of.
Now that you have the best songs lined up and loaded onto a playlist for your kids’ party, it’s time to think about the party games, deciding on the birthday cake, and everything else you need for a stress free birthday party.
Kids Birthday Party Bag Ideas
Putting together the party bags for the end of the party? Check out some of these easy and popular ideas available for quick delivery on Amazon (affiliate links)
Share this Blog Post
If you found this list of dance party songs for kids helpful please share this blog post link with friends and family.
We always appreciate any pins to your Pinterest boards – Thank you so much.
You Might Also Like
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.