We love paper plate crafts. A paper plate is such a simple material that can be easily transformed into so many things! This is another quick and easy, and pretty mess free paper plate craft idea that Mr Z made last year as he was in “Whale class” in school.
Supplies for the Paper plate whale
To make this simple paper plate whale craft you will need:
- 1 Paper plate per whale
- Blue paint
- 1 googly eye per whale
- Black marker
- Blue paper for the extra bits
How to make a paper plate whale
- Paint the whole paper plate blue, and leave it to dry.
- Once dry, cut a piece from the bottom of the paper plate – about one quarter of the plate as you can see in the pictures here
- Draw out and cut the shapes for the water coming out of the whale, and the piece of paper for the tale. Use your blue paper for this and stick them together as shown
- Add the googley eye
- Add a smile or extra details using your black marker pen
Your paper plate whale is all done! This is an easy craft for young children to do by themselves, or for toddlers to do with a little help. It’s great for an underwater theme.
underwater play ideas for kids
- Dolphin Activities for kids
- Finding Nemo Water Play
- Underwater glitter sand
- Water play with water beads and fish
- 5 fish crafts
Also for a different way to make a paper plate whale why not try this alternative from Crafts on Sea: O is for Orca : Paper plate killer whale.
Make sure that you’re following our kids ideas and activities board on Pinterest for even more simple and fun kids crafts:
Do you have a favourite paper plate craft? Share your ideas in the comments