Sophie Conran’s Elderflower Wand Biscuits for Belvoir
These Elderflower wand biscuits are so pretty! They would be perfect for any little girl’s fairy themed party.
Ingredients for the biscuits
This makes roughly 40 biscuits, depending on the size. We only used half of the mixture and froze the other half to use on another occasion.
400g Plain Flour
150g Caster Sugar
150g Butter (Cubed)
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
100ml Elderflower cordial
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the cubed butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Heat the elderflower cordial and golden syrup in a small pan. Pour into the flour and butter mixture and add the sugar.
- Continue to mix all the ingredients together with your hands until it comes together in a ball.
- Remove and divide into two balls and place on a floured surface.
- Butter a large baking tray.
- Roll out the first ball of cookie dough and using a cookie cutter of your choice cut into shapes.
- Wrap the second ball in cling film and freeze.
- Place on the baking tray and cook for 8 minutes. Cool on a rack before decorating.
To make Elderflower icing
- 4 heaped tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp elderflower cordial
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Feel free to add a little colouring, depending on how you plan to decorate your biscuits.
“Decorate your biscuits to your heart’s content! I like edible glitter, candied lemon, edible flowers and jelly tots. Cookies are great to decorate with children, just fill bowls with lots of different things to decorate with and have fun!”
We love Belvoir cordials, they are a treat for us. If we are having a barbecue or gathering, as we don’t drink alcohol we go and get lots of lovely drinks like Belvoir cordials instead. I have never tried baking with Belvoir myself though, but we will be receiving some cordials soon so that we can have a go at home – So look out for more Elderflower recipes coming up on the blog soon.
I’ll also be running a competition for one lucky In The Playroom reader to win an amazing hamper full of Belvoir and baking products!
For more information on Belvoir and the Elderflower Festival, visit www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk.
For more delicious recipes follow my Kitchen, baking and cooking board on Pinterest
Image and recipe reproduced with permission from Belvoir. Linking up at Skip to my Lou