These Vegan Vanilla Frosted Plum Cupcakes made from South African plums look so beautiful, and are a great way to use some fresh plums. These vanilla plum cupcakes are the perfect sweet treat to make for a partner, family member, or simply just to treat yourself. They’re honestly the fluffiest, most perfect vegan cupcakes!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup caster sugar/coconut palm sugar
1 cup GF self-rising flour
1 cup oat milk mixed with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 South African plums- chopped into small chunks
Dash vanilla extract
3 tbsp vegan butter (stick kind works best here)
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
Dash freeze dried berry powder or pink food colouring
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then whisk In the milk and vinegar mixture and vanilla.
- Fold through your dry ingredients to create a smooth batter. Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, divide the mixture amongst the cases for an even result.
- Add a few pieces of chopped plum into the centre of each cake and bake these for approximately 25 minutes.
- Once your cakes are cooked through and golden in colour, allow to cool completely on a wire wrack.
- Meanwhile, beat your vegan butter until pale, then gradually incorporate the icing sugar. Mash your blackberries and berry powder (if using) into your butter cream. You can add extra icing sugar to thicken if required.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto each of your cakes and garnish with toppings of choice!
This recipe was created by Charlotte Roberts of Charley’s Health and provided by South African Fruit. You can find more delicious recipes using South African Fruit on their website: http://
You might also like these Vegan recipes…