These delicious Banana and Blueberry Muffins are suitable for vegetarians and are made with Oatly a healthy oat-based milk alternative.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Banana and Blueberry Muffins
- One large ripe banana
- 150ml Oatly organic creamy oat
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Zest of 1/2 lemon finely grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g blueberries
- 20g porridge oats
- 20g soft light brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c. Place a paper muffin case into each hole in a 12 hole muffin tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the plain flour, brown sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and lemon zest and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, roughly mash the bananas, then stir in the Oatly alternative to cream, eggs and the vanilla extract
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour and mix it lightly. Don’t worry if there are lumps. It’s important not to mix the batter too thoroughly or the muffins will be tough. A few dry bits are fine.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases. If you are using blueberries, press three gently into each muffin so that they are almost submerged.
- Mix the oats and brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over the muffins. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe Credit: This recipe was made using Oatly organic creamy oat – a great dairy free alternative to single cream. For more delicious recipes and more information about the Oatly way of life, visit www.facebook.com/oatlyab