This scrunched tissue paper cherry blossom craft is a really simple but fun Springtime craft for toddlers or preschoolers to make. It’s a great way to make use of all the sticks and twigs that they have collected during outdoor play and to encourage them to look around at the blossom trees and observe the different signs of the changing seasons.
To make this cherry blossom craft all you need is:
- Twigs or sticks picked up during outdoors play
- Pink and white tissue paper
- Clear tape, and pva glue
- Coloured paper for the background
The children can arrange their sticks to make a tree shape on the page, then stick these down using clear tape. It can be hard to get them to stick firmly with glue because of the weight of the sticks so sometimes tape is best for this.
Once the tree design is in place, children can rip little pieces of tissue paper and scrunch them up to make blossom, then stick onto their tree using pva glue (white school glue)
Ripping and scrunching is helpful fine motor practise for little fingers.
The end result is a pretty cherry blossom tree for Springtime. You could also make this for Chinese New Year.
For another cherry blossom inspired craft, take a look at our Chinese cherry blossom fans.
You might also like these:
Tissue Paper Crafts
- Scrunched Tissue Paper Valentines Heart Craft
- Scrunched Tissue Paper Autumn Leaf – Fall Craft
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft
- Soda Bottle Rocket Kids Craft
- Halloween Spider Craft
- Make a Telescope Craft
Crafts with Sticks and Twigs
- Bubble Wrap Print Painting with cherry blossom print tree
- Bubble Wrap Handprint Tree in Autumn colours
- Syllable Sticks : a craft to help with clapping out syllables
Follow our kids craft Pinterest board for even more simple and fun kids craft ideas for all year round.
And don’t forget to pin this idea for later!