I’ve always believed it’s important to give kids a chance to help out in the kitchen, to get to know what their meals are made of and to become familiar with common ingredients and easy recipes. The kitchen is a great place for play, and learning and for family fun.
After playing with the Toca Kitchen 2 App we want to share with you one of the simple recipes that the kids can help out with in our kitchen. These is an easy scrambled eggs recipe that kids can make themselves.
Ingredients for Scrambled Eggs
- Eggs (allow 2 per child)
- Spices (salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika… or use whatever you have handy!)
- Vegetables (peppers, onions, grated carrot… whatever you like and have in your fridge)
- Chopped sausages (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Coriander to garnish (optional)
- Toast (and butter) to serve
- Chopped raw veg or a portion of cooked veg to serve (chopped cucumber and carrot, cooked broccoli.. whatever you prefer)
We like to use whatever is available – you can mix and match as much as you like. That is the fun of scrambled eggs!
How to make easy scrambled eggs : Instructions for kids
Take your eggs and crack them into the bowl. Crack, smash.. careful though!
Get your spices out and add whatever you fancy! A pinch of salt, pepper, turmeric (yellow one) and paprika (red one) tends to work but you can experiment – that’s half the fun. Stick to powdered spices though.
Now it’s chopping time! Take your sausages, vegetables or whatever you have grabbed from the fridge and chop chop chop before throwing them into the egg mixture. If you are using cheese then grate or chop it into tiny pieces.
- Once everything is in the bowl, it’s time to cook it on the hob. If you’re under about 8 you will probably need your parent to help you.
- Heat up a frying pan (non stick is best) and add a little bit of olive oil
- Once the oil is hot, add your egg mixture and scramble it all around until it turns from a liquid into solid pieces
- This only takes a few minutes, so while your parent is doing this you could butter the toast so that it’s ready to serve
For more easy kids recipe ideas,including this mashed potato mountain, see Toca Boca’s kids recipes here
Don’t forget to Download the Toca Kitchen 2 App for more Kitchen fun.
Post in association with Toca Boca and Tots100