These cranberry cheese parcels would be a great party food recipe for a buffet over the festive season. If you’re entertaining at home, then why not give these snacks a try and add them to your party food selection.
To make these tasty cranberry cheese parcels, follow the recipe below:
Cranberry Cheese Parcels Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7-8 minutes
Oven temperature: 220°C/Gas mark 7
- 12 sheets of ready rolled filo pastry (each measuring approximately 32cm x 17cm) – we would suggest you purchase chilled filo pastry and then any leftover can be frozen.
- 25g (1oz) butter, melted
- 85g (3oz) cranberry sauce
- 85g (3oz) Primula cheese
- Brush the ready rolled sheets of Filo pastry with the melted butter.
- Cut each sheet in vertically and then into 3 resulting in 6 small rectangles, place 1 rectangle on top of each other and then across another double layered rectangle forming a cross. Repeat with the other sheets of pastry.
- Place approximately teaspoon of cranberry sauce in the centre of each cross and top with teaspoon of Primula (if using a tube: a small squeeze and cut off with a knife).
- To make into the parcel, bring the corners together in a point and pinch the pastry together.
- Place on a greased baking tray, brush with the remainder of the melted butter.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 7-8 minutes, best served immediately.
- The parcels can be prepared several hours in advance, do not cook but place in the refrigerator – but do not cover with cling film if brushed with butter as it will stick and pull the pastry apart when removed. Place the parcels in the oven just prior to serving.
For more recipes, follow our Pinterest board:
You might also like these other:
Party Food Recipes:
Recipe and image credit: Primula