If you’re looking for some simple Christmas party food ideas to entertain friends and family during the festive season, why not try these Primula Vol au Vents? As winter approaches, I will be sharing more party food recipes made using Primula cream cheese so make sure to check back again for the rest of the ideas. I hope you’re inspired to try some thing different with your primula – it has more uses than just for the children’s sandwiches!
Here’s the recipe for the tasty Vol au Vent selection shown above.
Vol-au-Vent Selection – Chicken or Prawn
- Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 24 in total / 6 of each variety
- Oven temperature: 220°C/Gas mark 7
- 24 frozen vol au vent cases cooked according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- 50g (2oz) mushrooms finely chopped
- 15g ( oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) Primula cheese
- 1 x 15mlsp (1 tablespoon) Greek natural yoghurtChicken:
- 50g (2oz) roasted chicken breast or tikka flavoured chicken breast
- 25g (1oz) Primula Cheese with Chives
- 1 x 15mlsp (1 tablespoon) Greek natural yoghurtPrawns:
- 50g (2oz) small prawns, reserve 6 for garnish
- 25g (1oz) Primula Cheese with Prawns
- 1 x 15mlsp (1 tablespoon) Greek natural yoghurt
- 1 x 5mlsp (1 teaspoon) tomato puree
- 1 x 5mlsp (1 teaspoon) lemon juice
Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the chopped mushrooms, fry for 3 minutes until soft-cool. In a small bowl combine together the Primula, yoghurt and fried mushrooms, spoon into 6 of the cases. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.Chicken:
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces. In a small bowl combine together the Primula, yoghurt and chicken, spoon into 6 of the cases. Garnish with cut chives.Prawn:
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients together and spoon into 6 cases. Garnish with a prawn and sprigs of dill.
These would be ideal for a quick and easy, tasty party food that suits all the family.
For more recipes, follow our Pinterest board:
Recipe credit: Primula