Welcome, parents, and young artists, to another fun-filled art tutorial on our blog! Today, we’ve got something special for the fans of Pokémon – a simple, step-by-step guide on how to draw the beloved Bulbasaur. Famous for being one of the original starter Pokémon from the widely acclaimed franchise, Bulbasaur is a creature of charm, loved for his unique combination of a dinosaur and a plant.
This guide is designed for beginners, taking into account the tiny, budding artists in your home. Drawing can be an excellent activity to develop hand-eye coordination, boost creativity, and offer a great bonding time for you and your children. So, whether you’re a novice looking to dive into the world of art or a seasoned parent-artist looking to introduce your little ones to the joy of creating, this guide is perfect for you.
Remember, the aim here is to enjoy the process and learn, so don’t stress about making the drawing perfect. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll have your very own Bulbasaur and a sense of accomplishment. So, let’s sharpen those pencils and dive into the world of Pokémon, one Bulbasaur at a time!
How To Draw Bulbasaur
Welcome to an exciting, creative journey into the world of Pokémon! In this tutorial, we'll break down the art of drawing the lovable Bulbasaur into easy, kid-friendly steps. Perfect for beginners and delightful for seasoned little artists, this guide aims to boost creativity, develop hand-eye coordination, and foster a shared bonding experience between you and your child. So, grab your pencils and let's embark on a fun-filled artistic adventure, bringing to life our very own Bulbasaur!
- Coloring pencils in different shades of green
- Printer (optional)
- Draw the Head: Begin by drawing a large oval near the top of your paper. This will serve as Bulbasaur's head. Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect; just keep it round and ample.
- Sketch the Front Legs: Next, draw two small, rounded rectangles or "U" shapes beneath the head to represent Bulbasaur's front legs. They should be about half the size of the head.
- Draw the Ears and Back Legs: For the ears, draw two pointed, triangular shapes at the top of the head. The back legs should mirror the shape of the front legs, but they should be slightly bigger and protruding from the body at an angle, giving a sense of depth.
- Sketch the Bulb: Behind Bulbasaur, draw a large bulb. This can be created by drawing an oval shape that is a bit flattened at the top. Make sure the bulb appears to be sitting on Bulbasaur's back.
- Create the Face and Details: Within the head, sketch two large, oval-shaped eyes. Draw smaller ovals inside for pupils. Add two small lines for the nostrils and a wide, curved line for Bulbasaur's smile. Don't forget the distinct triangular patterns on Bulbasaur's forehead and body.
- Outline Everything in Black Pen: Now it's time to solidify your sketch. Carefully trace over your pencil lines with a black pen or fine marker. This will make Bulbasaur's form stand out. Once the ink is dry, you can erase any visible pencil lines.
- Color Your Drawing: Finally, bring your Bulbasaur to life by coloring it in. Use shades of green for the body and a darker green or even blue for the bulb.Congratulations! You've just drawn a fantastic front-facing Bulbasaur. Remember, practice makes perfect, so don't worry if it didn't turn out exactly as you hoped on the first try. Happy drawing!
Bulbasaur Directed Drawing Printable
You can draw Bulbasaur by following the instructions above or if you prefer download our printable directed drawing page.
Unleash the creativity within your little ones with our Bulbasaur Directed Drawing Printable. This simple, user-friendly resource is designed to guide budding artists through the process of illustrating one of Pokémon’s most loved characters, Bulbasaur.
Following clear step-by-step instructions, your children will learn to create this adorable creature, building their artistic confidence and honing their fine motor skills along the way.
Perfect for a rainy day, an art class, or a Pokémon-themed party, this Bulbasaur Directed Drawing Printable is a fun and educational tool that will captivate your children, while fostering their artistic talents. Print a copy today and step into the colorful world of Pokémon artistry!
Download How To Draw Bulbasaur PDF
This PDF file contains the how to draw Bulbasaur sheet, and a few of his friends too – bonus! So print it out and get busy creating 6 different Pokémon characters today.
More Pokémon Fun
- List of All Pokemon Movies: Every Release In Order
- 7 Tips for Getting Your Kids into Pokémon
- 8 Pokemon Color by Number Coloring Pages for Kids
- How to Draw Pikachu Easy Step by Step Guide
- How To Draw Eevee Easy Step By Step Guide
Please go ahead and share this blog post with friends and family so everyone can have fun drawing Bulbasaur. If you are proud of your finished Bulbasaur drawing, tag us on social media so we can see!