By 2023, 1 billion people will be listening to Podcasts at least once a month.
Podcasts (a loose combination of the words “iPod” and “broadcasting”) are carving out an increasingly important space in our daily routine, and if you haven’t jumped on this bandwagon yet, let us talk you through a few of the benefits of Podcasts.
Listening to podcasts is becoming increasingly popular, but there’s no need to be intimidated—podcasts can make you smarter, sharper, and more successful.
Podcasts for Education
Not only light topics are covered, in the Podcast world. In fact, edutainment (education + entertainment) podcasts are becoming more and more popular.
That’s why Babbel – the world’s first language-learning app – created the infographic “What can a Podcast Teach You?”, to explain this global phenomenon through lots of fun facts and data, while also offering a series of useful tips for learning languages by listening to podcasts.
As the Babbel infographic explains, in 2021, Brits listened to almost 60 million hours of podcasts every week (+50% compared to 2019 and 17 times more than in 2015).
In 2022, there was even more growth: +2.9 million listeners are expected in the UK this year
From “Today in Focus”, a podcast by The Guardian that covers a crucial fact in 20 minutes, to “Eat Sleep Work Repeat” by Bruce Daisley (Vice President of Twitter), there are many podcasts that are loved by the British public.
Babbel has also launched numerous podcasts to help language learning. In fact, there are many educational benefits to listening to Babbel’s podcasts.
These Podcasts present and introduce relevant cultural elements, they help improve pronunciation and conversation and they also explain new linguistic forms of speech.
10 Reasons to Listen to Podcasts
Like we just talked about, the podcast is an audio format that has gained in popularity over the past several years. But, if you’re looking to get a head start, there are a few reasons why you should start listening.
- Podcasts are a great way to get ideas and inspiration from other people.
- You can listen to podcasts while working, driving or doing anything else.
- You can be part of an amazing community of people with similar interests.
- They’re fun to listen to when you want to lose yourself in something else.
- They can make your commute to work more bearable.
- The right podcasts can help you get motivated and inspired.
- They are usually free
- They’re easy to listen to and enjoy on multiple devices.
- Podcasts can be helpful if you need to relax or sleep.
- You can learn a new skill or pick up a language with them.
So, are you ready to put your headphones on and press “play”?