Pirates are always a popular theme with kids. I remember going to some great pirate themed parties as a child, and they have stood the test of time since my boys love pirates just as much.
With Talk Like a Pirate Day on the 19th September, what better time to whip up some pirate crafts with your little buccaneers? I’ve gathered together a selection of swashbuckling pirate crafts, from hats to telescopes to parrots and eye patches – there’s a craft or pirate activity for every little pirate to enjoy making.
Click on each of the links for the full instructions and tutorial for that particular craft.
- Handprint Pirate Craft for Kids – Crafty Morning
- Make a Pirate Hat – Paris Bourke
- Kids’ Sea-View Telescope Craft – One Time Through
- Eye Patches and Parrots craft– Sturdy for Common Things
- Make a pirate Boat – Red Ted Art
- Cardboard Pirate Ship – Ikat Bag
- Pirate treasure chest – Classroom Creative
- Recycled Wax “Royal Gems” Crayons – Sorting Sprinkles
- Toilet Roll Pirate and Parrot – Pink Stripey Socks
- How to Make Some Great Pirate Flags – Witty Hoots
- DIY Pirate Map and Treasure Hunt Games – Imagination Tree
- Waterproof a pirate ship – Science Sparks
- Pirate Science – Exploding Treasure Chests – Fun a Day
Print out some of these to keep your little pirates busy, and learning!
Click on each link to download each set of printables.
- Pirate Colouring Pages – In The Playroom
- Pirate Printables: Same or Different – 3 Boys and a Dog
- Pirate Printables: Cutting Practice Preschool – 3 Boys and a Dog
- Pirate Playdough Mats – Picklebums
- Pirate Printables: Vocabulary Word Find – 3 Boys and a Dog
- Pirate Printables: Find the Letter P – 3 Boys and a Dog
- Kid Color Pages: Pirates – Crystal and Co
- Handwriting Practice for Kids: Pirate Theme – Crystal and Co
- Pirate Facts and Lunch Box Notes – Brain Power Boy
- Ocean Literacy – Treasure Chest Rhyming ($) – Pre K Pages
You might also like these pirate cake ideas
For even more fun kids ideas and activities, make sure to follow us on Pinterest
And don’t forget to pin these ideas for later, or share on Facebook.