Classic Greek Salad is a perfect easy recipe that works all year round, and is one of my favourite salad recipes. This works as a light meal on it’s own or as an accompaniment to homemade pizza, quiche, and many other meals. At only 200 cals per portion this salad is a great low calorie option for the new year.
This is an incredibly easy recipe and is ideal all year round, whether it’s after a long day soaking up the sun on the beach or by the pool in summer, or whether you are looking for some healthy but tasty recipes for healthy eating in January.
Serves 4 (multiply as required to serve a larger crowd)
Preparation time: 15mins
6.5g sat fat
Ingredients for your classic greek salad
- 150g feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 large vine tomatoes, cut into wedges or 200g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded and sliced
- 1 small cos lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 a red onion, finely sliced
- 20 black Kalmata olives, (de-stoned)
- 3 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp fresh oregano
Method : How to make a classic greek salad
It really is that simple – add all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl (adding the olive oil in parts throughout) then giving it a good mix before serving.
- Stuffed Spicy Butternut Squash
- Warming Chunky Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Healthier Lunch Ideas for January
- Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry with Lemongrass
Or follow our healthy food board on Pinterest for even more:
Recipe / Image Villas.com
Perfect for a post-Christmas detox weekend, Villas.com has many cosy rental properties where you can cook these cosy recipes for family or friends