Oatly sweet potato & chickpea curry with lemongrass
- 400 ml Oatly Organic Creamy Oat
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, minced
- 1 red chili, minced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tsp. red curry paste
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 70 g fresh spinach
- 100 g frozen mango
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. coriander, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. chopped cashews
1. Cook the rice according to instructions.
2. Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion, ginger and chili pepper and sauté for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to soften.
3. Add sweet potatoes and the curry paste and stir until the potatoes are coated and the curry is fragrant. Add tomatoes and vegetable stock and mix everything together. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add chickpeas, frozen mango and coriander and let it simmer for another couple of minutes.
5. Stir in the spinach and squeeze over lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and cashews.
For more healthy recipe ideas, follow our board on Pinterest:
This recipe was made using Oatly Organic Creamy Oat – a great dairy free, healthy alternative to single cream. For more delicious recipes and further information about the Oatly way of life, visit www.facebook.com/oatlyab