Lunch is one of the meals I struggle with at times – as it comes in the middle of the day when I am busy, it’s easy to forget and miss lunch. Of course then a couple of hours later I realise I’m hungry and end up quickly snacking on something which may not be the healthiest option. I am always looking for quick, easy and healthier lunch ideas to help combat this problem and Ryvita is ideal for me.
To help me get started with healthy lunches this new year, Ryvita sent me a selection of their crispbreads and a supermarket voucher to help me enjoy them in a variety of ways. I have been eating Ryvita for lunch every day so far in January and intending to keep it up all month and hopefully beyond. I haven’t followed the list below to the letter, but it’s great for inspiration. I find the problem with healthier lunch ideas is that if you only have a couple of ideas it is easy to get bored but these ideas will rule out that risk!
Here are 31 delicious ways to eat Ryvita for lunch throughout January:
• 1st – New Year’s Day treat: Ryvita Mediterranean Herb Crispbread with Sardine Escabeche
• 2nd – Back to work reward: Ryvita Dark Rye Crispbread with Stilton cheese and sliced apple OR brie and cranberry jelly
•3rd – Fish Friday: Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon on Ryvita Dark Rye Crispbread
• 4th – Crunchy Saturday: Peanut Butter & Banana on Ryvita Original Crispbread
• 5th – Sunday treat day: Butternut Squash & Sage Soup with Ryvita Dark Rye Crispbread Croutons
• 6th – Give soup some love: Tomato Soup with Ryvita Pumpkin Seeds and Oats Cripsbread Croutons
• 7th – Healthy Tuesday: Ryvita Sunflower Seed & Oat Crispbread with Hummous & Slices of Red Pepper
• 8th – Mid week warmth: Pumpkin Soup with Ryvita Dark Rye Croutons
• 9th – Fresh and crisp: Mini Caesar Salads with Parmesan, Anchovies and Ryvita Sweet Onion Crispbread
• 10th – Friday feeling: Ryvita Fruit Crunch with Sliced Banana, Cool Yoghurt, Basil, Passion fruit and Honey
• 11th – Weekend treat: New York Delhi with Ryvita Dark Rye Crispbread
• 12th – Fresh snacking: Ryvita Mediterranean Herb Crispbread with Parma Ham and Melon
• 13th – Taste experience: Goats Cheese, Pear, Honey and Walnut on Ryvita Fruit Crunch
• 14th – French classic Tuesday: Tuna Nicoise on Ryvita Original Crispbread
• 15th – Indulge your taste buds: Prawn, Mango and Avacado with Ryvita Sesame Crispbread
• 16th – Delicious and Nutritious: Tuna Mayo with Cucumber on Ryvita Sunflower Seed & Oat Cripsbread
• 17th – Friday twist: Ryvita Sunflower Seeds & Oats Cripsbread with Waldorf Salad
• 18th – Sensual Saturday snacking: Ryvita Fruit Crunch with Greek Yoghurt, Berries and Honey
• 19th – Sunday morning warmth: Ryvita Pumpkin Seeds & Oats Crispbread soliders with a soft boiled egg OR topped with fresh berries and yoghurt
• 20th: Blue Monday: Ryvita Chocolate Bombs
• 21st – Fruity snacking: Ryvita Fruit Crunch with Mashed Banana and Sliced Strawberry
• 22nd – Mid Week Hump: Tuna Pate with Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper Crispbread
• 23rd – Treat Thursday: Ryvita Fruit Crunch Crispbread with Chocolate Spread and Strawberries
• 24th – Indulgent Friday feeling: Ryvita Fruit Crunch topped with Goat’s Cheese, Pear, Honey & Walnuts
• 25th – Weekend lunchtime: Ryvita Sweet Onion Crispbread topped with Mango Chutney and Coronation Chicken
• 26th – Back to basics: Egg Mayo with Cress on Ryvita Dark Rye Crispbread
• 27th – Victory Monday: Ryvita Dark Rye Cripbread with Salt Beef, Watercress and Dill Pickle
• 28th – Mini pizza time: Grilled Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil on Ryvita Multigrain Crispbread
• 29th – Mid week treat: Ryvita Hint of Chilli Crispbread with Spiced Potted Crayfish Tails and Watercress
• 30th – Scrumptious Thursday: Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper Crispbread with Parma Ham and Chutney
• 31st: End of the month with a bang: Chargrilled Chicken, Guacamole and Peppers on Ryvita Hint of Chilli
Now the mission is to keep up the healthy lunches for the rest of the year! They do say, if you do something for 30-40 days then it becomes an ingrained habit so I am off to a great start with my 31 days of Ryvita!
Why not Pin the list so that you can refer back to it!
For more great ideas for the New Year check out:
Celebrating the New Year with Kid Friendly Fun – Enjoy some great New Year’s books, then grab your video camera to interview your children’s thoughts about the New Year.
New Years Eve with Kids – Enjoy these 25 family-friendly ideas for ringing in the new year with excited kids underfoot — making the evening memorable and fun for all ages.
How to throw a New Year’s Eve Party for the kids – Ideas for a New Year’s Eve party with kids. Tons of fun suggestions.
Six Tools for Organizing Your Homeschool Space – Need some homeschool room organizing ideas for the New Year? Find them here along with a daily challenge to refresh your room for New Years.
Creating the Planner that Works for You! – Creating the Planner that Works for You takes a little thought and well… a little planning. Step one is defining what the term planner really means.
Seven Ways to Organize Montessori Materials – Fabulous ideas for organizing you Montessori materials or any home classroom!
Healthier Lunch Ideas for January – 31 healthy and delicious lunch ideas to see you through January, to create some healthier lunch time habits that will hopefully last throughout the year
Like this post? Follow us for more!