Butternut squash is so delicious, and is an inexpensive and healthy vegetable to cook for the family. This stuffed butternut squash recipe will be warming and comforting throughout the colder winter months, and works very well as a vegetarian option.
Stuffed Spicy Butternut Squash Recipe
Delicious seasonal squash stuffed with goat’s cheese and spinach. This is an easy to make dish for every family member and is a perfect option for veggies
Serves 4 – multiply recipe as required for a larger quantity.
8g sat fat
Ingredients for the stuffed spicy butternut squash
- 2 butternut squash cut lengthways and deseeded (or more if you have more guests)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped, optional 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300g baby spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 150g rindless soft goat’s cheese or feta
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad
Preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas 4 and have a large baking tray to hand
Place the squash on the baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and roast for 30 minutes
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the onion, pepper, garlic and chilli and fry until onion and pepper are soft.
Stir spinach and cook for a further minute or until the spinach has wilted.
Remove from the heat stir in the cheese and seasoning to taste.
Add the spinach, pepper and goat’s cheese mixture to the butternut squash ‘holes’ and bake for a further 15 minutes.
You might also like these
- Warming Chunky Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Chilli Cherry Chutney Recipe
- Cranberry Cheese Parcels
- Jacket Potato Boats Recipe
For even more recipe ideas, make sure you are following our Kitchen, Baking and Cooking board on Pinterest:
Image & Recipe : Villas.com
Perfect for a post-Christmas detox weekend, Villas.com has many cosy rental properties where you can cook these cosy recipes for family or friends