With the nation celebrating the birth of our new princess Charlotte, I have a yummy “It’s a Girl!” themed raspberry and white chocolate cake recipe to share in case any of you are welcoming girls into your families at this time too. These cakes would work well for a baby girl’s baby shower, gender reveal party (if you go in for that!), or for girl’s birthday parties.
The recipe for these Raspberry & White Chocolate Meringue Nest Cakes was sent over to me by Stork.
To make them, you will need:
- 165g Stork tub
- 115g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 165g self raising flour
- 2 tbsps milk
- 120g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 40g grated white chocolate
- 70g Meringues, broken
- 130g white chocolate, melted
- Pink sprinkles
- Edible gold stars
- 90ml double cream, softly whipped
- 100g raspberries (fresh)
- 3 small sheets of edible gold leaf (optional)
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus cooling
Oven Temperature: 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Method: How to make the Raspberry & White Chocolate Meringue Nest Cakes
- Line a muffin tin with 12 bright pink paper cases.
- In a large bowl beat together the Stork, sugar, eggs, vanilla, self-raising flour, and milk until evenly combined.
- Fold through the raspberries and grated white chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Crumble the meringues into a bowl, breaking up any large pieces. Add the melted white chocolate and stir well.
- Top each cupcake with the chocolate meringue mixture to form the nests.
- Softly whip the double cream and add a teaspoon to the centre of each nest. Top with the fresh raspberries, sprinkle with the edible gold stars, pink sprinkles and top with a small piece of edible gold leaf.
|Each serving contains:|
|1339 kJ/ 320 kcal||18,3 g||7,7 g||25 g||0,6 g|
|16 %*||26 %*||39 %*||28 %*||10 %*|
|*% of Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)|
For more cake recipes, make sure that you’re following our Kitchen, Baking and Cooking board on Pinterest.
You might also like:
- Elderflower Fairy Cakes
- Frozen Cake Ideas
- Baked Vanilla Cheese Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes with Avocado Buttercream Frosting
- Honey Lemon’s Honeybee Cupcakes
- Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe