Match Attax is the big thing with my kids and their friends these days. They’re all collecting the cards in their binders, and swapping and trading with each other but there is also a Match Attax game that you can play with the collectible cards.
My oldest two boys (8 and 7) made this short video to demonstrate the rules of how to play match attax cards, and let you watch a quick game to get the idea of it. It’s easy to follow, and they often enjoy playing this together with the cards.
Match Attax is a game for 2 players, and just like a real Premier League match, the aim is to beat your opponent by scoring more goals.
The formations allowed within the Match Attax game are:
How to Play Match Attax
- Pick your team of 11 players and 3 substitutes
- Lay your cards face down in formation
- Flip a coin to see who will go first
- If you choose to defend with your player, the other player must choose to attack with their player – and vice versa.
- If your defence beats their attack, then you score – and again, vice versa.
- Keep a track of your goals at the side of the playing area
- The one who scored gets to go first in the next move
- If both have the same scores, that move is a draw and you choose again
- You can swap your cards for one of your subs at any point in the game
- If you have tactic cards, you can use up to two per match
You can also try pro rules, such as make a team for maximum 100m budget, including substitutes, and only allowing one legend player per team (such as 100 club or 101 club cards)