Make these cute Easter Bunny cupcakes for Easter, decorated with fluffy Bunny tails and feet sticking out of the grass, and Easter eggs.
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients:
1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp
2 egg white, room temp
2 eggs, room temp
2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 C buttermilk
1 1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Green Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
1 C soft unsalted butter
4 + C powder sugar
4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Grass Green gel food coloring
1 bag of small Easter malted eggs
Wilton Icing Decorations Bunny feet
1 package of white chocolate wafers
Vanilla Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line the cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the butter while continuing to beat until well combined.
- Add egg whites, and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate, the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, beating on low speed until everything is blended together.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins until two thirds filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooled cupcakes to a wire rack allowing to cool completely.
Grass Green Vanilla Frosting Directions, and decoration:
Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
Remove 4 tablespoons of whiting frosting. Place in a bowl and set aside.
Spoon the white frosting into a piping bag with a medium sized tip.
Add several drops of the grass green gel food coloring. Mix well to incorporate the color thorough out the frosting.
If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip
Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the star tip.
Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
Place the white chocolate wafer on the frosted cupcake as displayed in the picture.
Place the bunny feet below the the white chocolate wafer.
Dollop a drop of white icing on the center of the chocolate wafer.
Place the malted Easter eggs, in a set of three together.
Aren’t they sweet? They would be lovely for an Easter party or family get together over the holidays. We also want to share with you this amazing bakery located in London. Anges de Sucre an award-winning small family-run online cake maker and decorator and they have a fabulous range of unbelievable cakes, birthday cakes, and wedding cakes. Check their stunning website for more details. You will be mesmerized by their incredible cakes! They also deliver their unique creations straight to your door.
More Easter Ideas
You might also like these ideas
Follow our Spring board on Pinterest for even more