This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DryNites®. All opinions are 100% mine.
As a parent, it’s natural to worry about their development but it’s helpful to remember that bedwetting is a perfectly normal part of growing up and affects almost 600,000 children in the UK every year, which is 10% of children. While your child is overcoming night time accidents, it’s important to support them in feeling confident and not let this common issue turn into a big deal. Staying dry at night is linked to physical maturity and can take a while longer for children to manage, even after they have been dry during the day for a long time.
The DryNites® Confident Kids 24/7 campaign aims to provide parents with helpful tools and advice to boost their child’s confidence and overcome challenges such as bed wetting.
To help your child feel confident at night, and not worry about bed wetting, DryNites® pyjama pants are a great option for age-appropriate night time protection. We’ve been using these with our younger children to help see them through this stage comfortably and with minimum fuss. The DryNites® pyjama pants that we tried are patterned with dinosaurs or motorcycles, and there are also other designs available for girls. They are not bulky, and do not make any noise or rustling sound while they children are wearing them.
Since the pyjama pants contain any night time accidents, this cuts down on any issues of smell that you get from wet sheets, and also means that your child is more comfortable, not having to sleep on their wet sheets – both of which can effect their self esteem while they are working through this stage.
It’s important that they are discreet as I know my younger children do still want to feel grown up like their older brother, and I was happy to see that they were not embarrassed by using these. Feeling confident and not making bedwetting a big issue will help them to move on from this stage easily once they are physically ready, and then we can celebrate by organising some fun sleep overs with their friends or cousins without having to worry about any night time accidents.
Here are a few simple tips to see you smoothly through the bedwetting stage:
- Request your free sample of DryNites® Pyjama Pants at drynites.co.uk so that you can try these out and see if this product will help your child.
- Remember that bedwetting is normal for many children. It’s linked to physical maturity and not something that they can control. Children achieve dryness in the day at different ages, so we can’t expect them all to pass the stage of night time dryness at the same time either.
- Feeling confident, and not being made to feel embarrassed, will help children overcome this stage as easily as possible without affecting their self esteem.
- Try DryNites® Bed Mats for added over-night protection to help keep your child’s mattress dry. We have also used these and they are so easy to use, you just stick them down and they stay in place perfectly.
- Remember that this is just a phase, and a developmental stage that many children go through. They will soon master being dry at night, and if you do start to feel worried you can always make an appointment to chat about it with your child’s doctor.