I have a soft spot for characters of the 80s, and Care Bears are no exception – they are one of the best! So I was pleased to see that Care Bear plushes are available once again. We were sent a large Tenderheart plush toy who would be perfect for Valentines day (or all year round) and we made a little Care Bears Tenderheart craft to go alongside him too.
Our large Tenderheart plush is so soft and cute. Any Care Bears fan would love him! He is a very generous size, and with plenty of detail.
We decided to make a recycled craft to go alongside our Tenderheart plush. To make this cardboard roll Tender heart, you will need:
- Spare cardboard tube : a toilet roll or a kitchen roll cut in half will both work
- Paint and Paintbrush
- Spare cardboard to draw the head and feet
- Felt tips
- Glue dots
How to make a cardboard tube Care Bear:
- Paint the cardboard tube in the Care Bear’s colour along with their tummy symbol. This will be their main body
- Carefully draw their head onto a separate piece of card. You could paint this too, or draw with felt tips.
- Cut out two small circles from cardboard and draw the Care Bears heart shaped paws
You could make a whole collection with all of the Care Bear characters. This is a simple craft and a fun way to familiarise kids more with Care Bears. I love introducing my children to characters and shows that I watched as a child!
I’ve written before about why you should introduce your kids to the toys of your childhood and I always find this a fun thing to do.
The Care Bears are:
- Tenderheart Bear
- Funshine Bear
- Cheer Bear
- Share Bear
- Grumpy Bear
- Harmony Bear
You can see all the new Care Bear toys available here on the Vivid Website. There are three sizes to choose from currently.
For another trip down memory lane, you might also like:
Tenderheart was sent to us for review
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.