Back in February we made some raining love hearts cardboard tube umbrellas as a Valentines craft over on Red Ted Art. These little umbrellas are so simple and fun to make, so we decided to make a rainy day version that’s perfect for Spring time and April showers.
To make this umbrella craft all you need is cardboard tubes, such as spare toilet rolls or kitchen rolls, extra cardboard, tape, scissors and string, and a black marker pen.
You can get the full instructions on how to put these together over on our raining love hearts umbrella craft post at Red Ted Art, and just adjust the colours and details accordingly. To make a Spring time rainy day version, we just switched out the hearts for small blue rain drops, and swapped the glittery pink for bright greens and yellows for Spring time.
You could customise these in different ways for other seasons of the year too. I’m sure we will keep making more as the different seasons roll around.
You might also like these ideas:
More Cardboard Tube Crafts
- Kid Made Printed Gift Bag – Using cardboard tube stampers
- Cardboard Tube Tenderheart Care Bear Craft
- Recycled TP Roll Lanterns
- Kid Made Star Display Inspired by How to Catch a Star
- Junk Modelling Butterfly Craft
More Spring time Crafts
- Scrunched Tissue Cherry Blossom Tree Craft
- Springtime Bento Lunch
- Pop Up Puppets Spring Craft
- Spring Crafts for Kids : Spring Chick Gift Box
- Spring Activities for Kids
- Cotton Bud Painted Bunnies
For even more fun Springtime ideas, make sure that you’re following our Spring board on Pinterest
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.