Valentines Day is swiftly approaching and Love Hearts are the timeless classic Valentines sweets. They are celebrating 60 years of Love Hearts this year! To celebrate they have launched the chance to win a money can’t buy experience – the opportunity to design your own Love Hearts and a VIP Factory tour to see them being made! That is such a cool idea. It would be great to surprise your loved ones with personalised and totally original Love Hearts on Valentines Day. These sweets would then go on sale! You would also win an overnight stay for yourself and a friend, and spending money so it is a fantastic prize!
There are special packs of Love Hearts now available in time for Valentines, including the iconic Limited Edition Love Hearts tin filled with mini Love Hearts, and a Love Hearts gift box filled with mini Love Hearts rolls.
For the chance to win a prize pack of a selection of Love Hearts as shown in the picture, enter via the Rafflecopter below:
To get you in the mood for Valentines Day here are some interesting facts:
- Hearts symbolise Valentine’s Day because it’s believed that if Eros, known as Cupid, shot you in the heart with one of his arrows you would fall hopelessly in love.
- The first Valentine’s Day gift was sent by the Duke of Orleans to his wife after he was captured in 1415
- Girls in Medieval times ate bizarre foods on Valentine’s Day to make them dream of their future spouse
- In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name on their sleeve for a week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression “wear your heart of your sleeve”
- In 1537, England’s King Henry VII officially declared February 14th the holiday of St Valentines
- The red rose was the favourite flower of Venus the Roman ‘goddess’ of love
- Red roses are considered the flower of love because the colour red stands for strong romantic feelings
- Women purchase approximately 85% of all Valentines Day cards
Good luck in the giveaway, and have a happy Valentines Day!