Chicken is a popular favourite for dinner time, that normally suits all ages within the family. Here’s a tasty way to cook chicken with some added citrus flavours.
Ingredients for the Lemon & Lime Marmalade Citrus Spiked Chicken
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp Cottage Delight Lemon and Lime Marmalade
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- A small bunch of fresh thyme
- 3 medium red onions cut into wedges
- Serve with : Smokey Couscous with Chargrilled Peppers
Method : How to make the Lemon Lime Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan oven 180C.
- Squeeze the juice from one half of each fruit into a small bowl and mix in the Lemon and Lime Marmalade
- Slice 3-4 diagonal cuts into each chicken breast and add a sprig of thyme into each slash.
- Place the chicken, onion, remaining halves lemon and lime into a large oven proof dish and spoon marmalade mixture over the top. Scatter over a few more thyme sprigs and season well.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Before you are ready to serve, prepare the Smokey Couscous with Chargrilled Peppers according to the packet instructions.
- Place the chicken onto each plate, surrounded by the onion and fruit wedges, spoon the extra juices over the chicken.
Serve with cous cous, as mentioned above, and enjoy.
For more recipe ideas, make sure that you’re following us on Pinterest
And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
More Chicken Recipes
If your family enjoys chicken recipes, try some of these options for dinner too.
- Chicken & Leek Patchwork Pie
- Chicken & Almond Curry
- Healthy Chicken Casserole
- Piri Piri Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Dipper Fajitas
- Chicken or Turkey Meatballs
You might also like these Apricot Pin Wheels, made with Cottage Delight apricot jam. They are great for an Easter breakfast, or as a treat with coffee.
Samples and recipe provided by Cottage Delight
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.