Sweet pastries make a delicious breakfast, a fun treat for the kids or are ideal for family picnics. My boys love any type of pastry, and I do too – especially straight from the oven! These apricot pinwheels are easy to make, and really tasty.
We were sent a few different varieties of jam, marmalade and lemon curd from Cottage Delight, and will be sharing a few recipes that you can use these jams to make – rather than just spreading them on toast (Although, that does taste good too of course!) As you could probably guess, this pinwheels recipe uses apricot jam. We found the Cottage Delight brand to be good quality, with a much more home made look and feel than our usual brands.
Ingredients for Apricot Pin wheels
- the zest & juice of 1 orange
- 210g of dried mixed fruits
- 385g puff pastry (It’s fine to use ready-rolled)
- 3 tbsp Cottage Delight Apricot jam
- 210g marzipan
Method : How to make Apricot Pin Wheels
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan oven 180C.
- Squeeze out the juice from your orange into a small bowl and add the dried mixed fruit, then mix together.
- Roll out the pastry sheet to approximately 30cm x 25cm, spread the Apricot jam over the pastry. Roll out the marzipan to the same size and place on top of the pastry sheet.
- Scatter the mixed fruit over the 2 sheets and tightly roll long ways like a Swiss roll. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Remove from the fridge and slice into 2cm thick sections.
- Place each section onto a pre-lined baking tray and put them into the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the pastries from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
For more yummy recipes follow our Kitchen, Baking and Cooking board on Pinterest
And don’t forget to pin this apricot pinwheels recipe for later
You might also like these pastry recipes
- Puff Pastry Pizza
- Chicken and Leek Patchwork Pie
- Mini Cheese and Cranberry Puffs
- Party Food Recipe : Cranberry Cheese Parcels
- Easy Jam Tarts to Make With Kids
- Simple Apple Pie Recipe and Ginger Apple Puds Recipe
- Super Quick & Easy Pain au Chocolat
Products, recipe and feature image supplied by Cottage Delights