I have a real thing for guacamole. Actually, I can eat an avocado with almost anything and be happy, but guacamole is like the avocados got together to have a party. It’s delicious!
When the guacamole party decides to dress up for Halloween, you end up with this playful and fun Halloween Ghost Guacamole. The ingredients are a bit chunky and rough, instead of that smooth blended dip you so often see, making it seem a little more hearty and fresh. Combine all that cool, creamy, spicy deliciousness with the delicious crunch of crispy tortilla chips, and you have yourself a party pleaser.
There are all kinds of Halloween shapes you can make when cutting your chips, but my favorites are ghosts and witch hats. Those larger patterns hold up well when scooping up all ghoulishly good guacamole. You know you don’t want to be missing out on one tasty bite!
Try this spooky recipe for the perfect Halloween snack, ready in just 20 minutes.
Halloween Guacamole Ingredients
Easy Halloween Party Recipe
- Set of 3 Waitrose Halloween Creepy Cookie Cutters
- 4 Discovery Wrapbreads or Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Waitrose Basil Infused Olive Oil
- Pack of 2 Waitrose Perfectly Ripe Avocados
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. Heat the oven to 180.C, gas mark 4. Using the cutters, stamp as many shapes out of the flatbreads as possible. Arrange on 2 non-stick baking sheets and brush lightly with the basil oil. Bake for 5–6 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
2. Meanwhile, halve, skin and stone the avocados and mash roughly with a fork. Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice and chives. Spoon into a shallow bowl or rimmed plate and serve with the crispy ghouls.
Store the crispy ghouls and ghosts in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
(Serves: 4 – scale up as required)
More Creative Halloween Ideas
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.