These Easter Bunny & Chick Cupcakes are so cute! I’m sharing this easy recipe from Stork that would be fun to use and bake with the kids during the Easter holidays. I hope you like it.
For the Cupcakes
150g Stork with butter
150g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
150g self-raising flour (or 150g flour and 1 tsp baking powder)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ lemon
For the Frosting
125g Stork with butter
350g icing sugar
Juice of ½ lemon
A little yellow food colouring
Orange ready to roll icing
Small choc chip sprinkles
12 yellow cupcake liners
Oven Temp: 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4
Makes: 12 cupcakes
Freezing: Cupcakes are suitable for freezing, undecorated.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Easter Bunny & Chick Cupcakes Method:
- Line a cupcake pan with yellow paper liners and preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork with butter and sugar until light and fluffy and then beat in the lemon zest.
- Add the eggs one at time beating the mixture well after each.
- Fold through the flour and lemon juice until smooth and well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow to cool fully.
- Beat together the Stork with Butter, icing sugar and lemon juice to make the frosting. Add a little yellow food colouring to colour the frosting a golden yellow.
- Cover the tops of the cupcakes with frosting, spreading with a palette knife.
- Roll out some of the orange sugarpaste on your work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar to prevent it from sticking. For each chick cut 2 triangular feet with a sharp knife. Cut out 2 triangular wings and mark on lines for the feathers using the knife.
For the beak cut a square and make an indent diagonally. Gently fold the indented square to make the beak.
- Add 2 small choc chip sprinkles to the top of the cupcake to form the eyes and add the beak, feet and wings.
For more recipes make sure to follow our Kitchen Baking and Cooking board on Pinterest
Follow Anna – In The Playroom’s board Kitchen, Baking, Cooking on Pinterest.
Or follow our Spring board for more seasonal fun
Follow Anna – In The Playroom’s board Spring on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later or share with your friends on Facebook