There are quite a few thing you can do to minimise your chances of getting a cold or the flu, following these tips is way easier than to take care of the whole family as we know those viruses and bacteria like to party with the whole family when you least want them too… And once you think these uninvited guest have left the building, bam they come again.
- First and foremost, keeping your general family health in check, don’t give your immune system a chance to fail, Benenden has some great tips for family health, from dental to pain relief, as all those do have an effect on your immune system.
- Wash your hands, especially when you go out to public places or travel on the bus or tube, or have been in contact with someone who has a cold or the flu. Wash them with soap and warm water, and make sure that the kids know to do this!
- Avoid touching your face with your hands. In the case that you’ve got that virus or bacteria on your hands don’t give it a chance to enter your body.
- Make sure you get enough rest daily, a well-rested body will be able to fight the infections. I know this one might be hard if you have small children. I’m really working on this myself, because I know I always feel worse and get sick quicker if I’m managing with only a few hours per night
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Vitamins and minerals are always good for the body, and you can substitute with extra vitamin C or multivitamin tablets too
- Keep yourself hydrated. Make sure you and your family drinks enough water every day.