Did you know, November is sometimes known as “Dinovember”? It’s a great time to focus on some dinosaur themed activities and playtime with your kids!
This November, we’ve been playing with lots of Jurassic World dinosaurs since the movie has just been released on October 19th on Blu-Ray and DVD. The idea of Dinovember is that you can make your dinosaurs come to life, and find them getting up to mischief or doing their own thing.
Stuck for easy ideas on what your dinosaurs could get up to? How about…..
- Dinosaurs eating cereal, or playing in crushed cereal in a tuff spot or large tray
- Dinosaurs reading books
- Dinosaurs playing Xbox or whatever console you have
- Dinosaurs watching TV or a favourite DVD
- Dinosaurs playing a board game
- Dinosaurs having a bath
- Dinosaurs playing hide and seek
- Dinosaurs in paint, making foot prints
- Dinosaurs brushing their teeth
- Dinosaurs making a shopping list
- Dinosaurs baking
- Dinosaurs building with lego
- Dinosaurs making packed lunch
- Dinosaurs doing colouring (maybe they would like to colour these dinosaur colouring pages!)
- Dinosaurs in the fruit bowl
- Dinosaurs doing gardening, hiding out in plant pots
- Dinosaurs riding in toy cars, having a race
- Dinosaurs playing with playdough (or set up a whole Playdough world for them like this)
- Dinosaurs dancing in a conga line
- Dinosaurs frozen into eggs (Works best with smaller dinos)
With a lot of these ideas, they can lead to plenty of open ended play too once the kids come across the dinos – especially those combining with another play material like paint or playdough.
For even more simple dinosaur play ideas, check out these lists we shared here on In The Playroom last year
or try one of these dinosaur activities and crafts:
The boys had lots of fun playing with their Jurassic World dinosaurs, making up stories and having dinosaur battles too!
We were sent the DVD and toys in order to take part in Dinovember