Forest Fruits is one of my favourite flavours. As a child I often used to pick either black forest or forest fruits when I had the opportunity to pick a cake for various special occasions. I hope you like this classic forest fruit cake recipe that would be great for any family gathering.
Makes: 1 x 8” Cake
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Oven Temp: 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
For the Forest Fruits Cake
250g Stork with butter
250g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, large
250g self-raising flour
80g frozen forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, black cherries …)
For the Filling
100g Stork with butter
200g icing sugar, sifted
350g fresh forest fruits
Icing sugar to dust
Forest Fruit Cake Method:
1. Grease and line the bases of 2 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
3. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift in the flour and fold in until evenly blended. Fold through the forest fruits and divide the cake mixture between the tins. Bake in the oven for 30minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
4. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Prepare the filling. Take 150g of the forest fruits and puree, sieve to remove the seeds. Set to one side.
6. Beat together the Stork and mascarpone. Once combined, add the icing sugar and beat again.
7. Set one of the cakes onto a serving plate. Add a layer of mascarpone icing and forest fruits. Top with the second cake again coating in a layer of mascarpone icing.
8. Drizzle the reserved forest fruits puree around the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining fruits. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve.
More Cake Recipes
You might also like:
- Zesty Lemon Celebration Cake
- Butterfly Cake
- Baked Vanilla Cheese Cake Recipe
- Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe
For even more recipes, follow our Kitchen, Baking and Cooking board on Pinterest
Recipe and image credit: Stork