Puff Pastry Pizza is so easy to make. It’s such a fun and quick recipe for young children to help with and it makes a change from the regular pizza. It’s always a hit in our house.
Ingredients for puff pastry pizza
This recipe serves 2 adults or 4 children – multiply as required
- 1 x 320g pack Jus Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
- Flour, to dust
- 120g tomato pizza sauce
- 150g mozarella cheese, grated
- 125g pepperoni or salami (or veg alternative)
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
Method : How to make Puff Pastry Pizza
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6 and unroll the Jus Rol pastry sheet onto a flour-dusted work surface
- Pinch the edges of the pastry a little to make a border. Prick the middle of the pastry base, then sprinkle with mozarella and top with salami or pepparoni
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the mixed herbs over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through and golden. Slice and serve!
We adapted this recipe a little for what we had available, and did not use any pepperoni or salami. The boys had lots of fun helping to make this – in fact it’s so easy that they really did it by themselves, I only had to put it in the oven for them.
They spread the ingredients quite roughly, but that works fine it does not have to be perfectly even. It will still come out fine! My boys insisted on putting extra cheddar cheese on top as well as the mozarella, which is the very melted cheese you can see below in the oven picture. I wouldn’t recommend doing that personally, but as it was their pizza I let them make the decision!
You can serve with with salad or cucumber & carrot sticks and baby tomatoes to make a very quick and easy lunch. If they helped to make it, hopefully they will be more keen to eat! Perfect for a picnic in the garden 🙂
We made this pizza using a recipe from this book: Jus-Rol 30 best loved recipes.
You might also be interested in these:
Easy recipes for kids to make
Jus-Rol Recipe reproduced in full with permission. Feature Image: Pizza of Puff Pastry Shutterstock
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.