Father’s Day is not too long off now – This year it will be on Sunday June 16th, so time to start helping the kids think of ways to spoil their Dad and hopefully our Father’s Day gift guide can help with that!
We have reviewed quite a few Father’s Day items recently, and also still have some great Father’s Day competitions running, so I have gathered them all together for you in a handy guide to make life easier – With a few extra ideas of my own thrown in.
Gifts for Dads with a young baby
- A teething necklace for Dad to wear, to help him spend some quality time bonding. Have a look here for details about this from Gumigem, and our competition
- Bibs or clothing with “Dad” slogans to dress up baby for the occasion! Funky Giraffe have Father’s Day bibs available, see our review and give away here.
- Another personalised clothes suggestion, Mothercare have bodysuits with “Daddy I love you, love from <name>” from £6 which is quite reasonable. Have a look here.
- Personalised gifts always have the extra thoughtful touch. What about a personalised photobook customised exactly how you would like it, for the children to read with their Dad at bedtime? We reviewed love2read personalised books here, and also have a giveaway here
- Or you could make Dad the main character of a story. We also reviewed a personalised book from Its Your Story, all about a zoo adventure with Dad! Have a look here for more details and to see our thoughts. You can get 20% off by using the code DADDYCOOL
- You could also get a phone cover or mug printed with a picture of Dad and the kids.
- There are quite a few companies that will print your Instagram pics into magnets, could be a cool idea if Dad is into his Instagram, especially if there are some nice pics of him and the kids. One company is picpack but there are various ones, so google it and see 🙂
- There are loads more little personalised gifts around like chocolates, lighters, pens, mugs and many more.
- A really good quality Jumper or hooded cardigan. I recently posted the Cashmirino Look book, who are doing clothes for Dads as well as children. It’s definitely at the luxury end with the mens items over £300 each but they do look very nice, if you have the money to splash!
- Cufflinks – La Jewellery have some lovely ones with “I love Dad” on in a very subtle design, so it has the message on it but it’s something he could still realistically wear in the office. See our giveaway and more details here
Food & Drink Related Gifts
- For the tea loving Dads, what about a tea subscription – different teas through the postbox each month! LoveTea is offering a variety of gift subscriptions on their luxury teas. Look here for our review, and you can use the code PLAYROOM40 for 40% discount!
- Baker Days do personalised cakes with pictures or messages on, which we have tried before and are very nice! We had one before for anniversary. They also fit through the letterbox which could be handy if Dad is working away or anything like that.
- A family meal out is always nice; Quality time for all the family.
Ideas on a Budget
- Home-made gifts done by the children: They could make him the usual card or painting, or even try something a bit different like painting on rocks to make a paper weight or decoration for him. We made some of these before here, not for any occasion, but you could encourage the children to paint the word Dad on it, or paint a small picture of Dad if they are old enough.
- Any painting or picture can be made a bit more special by framing it. They have some extra deep frames very cheap in Ikea if you need to accomodate kid’s masterpieces with bits and pieces stuck onto it (pasta, pom poms and all the usual!) There are some for £3.50 which is pretty good (It’s called Ribba frame) as I have seen this idea elsewhere a lot more expensive!
- Making a special picture out of babies hand or footprints. There are loads of ideas for this on Pinterest, so you can tailor it to whatever Dad is into and make a really cute keep sake. This could be a good idea for the front of a card too.
After all that, If you are still unsure, then there is always the trusty gift certificate. Amazon is a good choice, because they have such a wide range!
Our Father’s Day Competitions
Make sure you don’t miss out on any! We have the following competitions running, all closing in time for Father’s Day:
I would love to know if anyone has any other great ideas or what you are planning to buy! Why not leave me a comment below? 🙂