From the twinkling streets of Paris to the majestic vineyards of Bordeaux, France beckons travelers with its blend of history, culture, and sheer elegance. Planning your journey is now easier with Air France. Let’s explore how.
Visiting Paris with the Family
Paris, fondly known as the City of Love, enchants visitors with its iconic landmarks, haute cuisine, and unparalleled art scene. Be it the Eiffel Tower’s grandeur or Montmartre’s artistic charm, Paris’s allure never ceases to amaze.
Paris is not only a romantic destination but also a lot of fun to visit with the whole family with lots to see and do with kids, to make some beautiful memories
How to Get There?
Air France enables you to book flights to Paris with ease. With a wide range of flights catering to various schedules and budgets, your dream Parisian escape is merely a booking away.
Once in Paris, immerse yourself in a world of luxury, explore charming cafes, indulge in culinary masterpieces, and lose yourself in the timeless beauty of world-renowned museums.
Paris, often known as “The City of Lights”, is a wonderland for children and offers a blend of cultural, educational, and just plain fun activities.
- Eiffel Tower: Start with the iconic Eiffel Tower. It’s not just about seeing the structure but also taking the elevator (or the adventurous can climb the stairs) to its summit for a panoramic view of Paris. Evening visits are magical, as children can witness the tower’s sparkling light show which happens every hour on the hour after sunset.
- Louvre Museum: While it’s one of the world’s largest art museums, the Louvre can still be child-friendly. Opt for a guided kid-centric tour that highlights engaging masterpieces, like the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory of Samothrace, and Egyptian antiquities. The glass Pyramids outside are also a fun photo spot.
- Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie: Located in the Parc de la Villette, this is Europe’s largest science museum. It’s particularly engaging for kids with its hands-on exhibits about the universe, light, sound, and mathematics. The adjacent La Géode, an IMAX theatre inside a geodesic dome, is also a hit with young ones.
- Seine River Cruise: Hop on a “Bateaux Mouches” or “Bateaux Parisiens” cruise to see Paris from the water. Many of these offer special commentaries for children, and they get to see iconic sites like Notre Dame, Musée d’Orsay, and more from a unique perspective.
- Luxembourg Gardens: A perfect spot for relaxation after a long day. Children can play with traditional wooden sailboats on the pond, enjoy puppet shows at the Marionnettes du Luxembourg, or simply roam the expansive playgrounds.
- Aquarium de Paris (Cinéaqua): Located near the Eiffel Tower, this is a fantastic place to introduce children to marine life. They can witness over 10,000 fish and invertebrates, including sharks, and enjoy cinematic shows in two cinema theaters.
The charm of Paris lies not just in its major attractions but also in its smaller joys — savoring a chocolate crepe by the Seine, riding the quaint merry-go-rounds, or just watching street performers in places like Montmartre.
Whatever the choice, the city has a way of leaving an indelible mark on young hearts and minds.
The proximity to Disney Land Paris is also a huge plus when travelling with kids, and we would definitely recommend visiting for a day or two.
Exploring Beyond Paris
Why Direct Flights?
Venturing into the French countryside or other cities? Direct flights to France through Air France provide a seamless connection to various French destinations. Experience comfort and convenience, allowing you more time to explore.
Destinations Beyond Paris
From the stunning coastline of Nice to the culinary wonderland of Lyon, Air France’s direct flights enable you to explore a plethora of destinations. Whether it’s skiing in the Alps or relaxing in Provence’s lavender fields, France’s diversity is at your fingertips.
France is an expansive tapestry of culture, nature, and history. Beyond Paris, the country offers a multitude of diverse and engaging destinations that families will adore.
- Normandy: This northern region is rich in history and beauty. The D-Day landing beaches offer a poignant history lesson, while the stunning cliffs of Étretat are a natural marvel. The town of Bayeux showcases the famous medieval tapestry depicting the Norman conquest of England. Add to this apple orchards where families can sample the region’s renowned cider.
- Vendée: Situated along the Atlantic coast, the Vendée offers an enticing blend of sandy beaches, pine forests, and a gentle pace of life that’s perfect for families. The Puy du Fou historical theme park is a standout attraction, whisking visitors back in time with spectacular live shows that depict the region’s storied past, from Viking invasions to Roman gladiators. Les Sables-d’Olonne is a picturesque seaside resort ideal for beach days, promenade walks, and indulging in fresh seafood. For nature lovers, the Marais Poitevin, often dubbed “Green Venice,” offers a unique landscape of marshes best explored by boat. With campsites, cycling paths, and traditional markets, Vendée embodies the relaxed French vacation that families often seek.
- Loire Valley: Often termed as the “Garden of France,” this region boasts majestic châteaux and vast vineyards. Renting bikes and cycling along the river, stopping by castles like Chambord or Chenonceau, is an excellent way for families to soak in the scenery. Plus, the troglodyte caves and villages in the region make for an adventurous exploration.
- Provence: Lavender fields, olive groves, and sun-soaked towns define this southern French region. Families can roam the markets in Avignon, take painting lessons inspired by Van Gogh in Arles, or explore the Calanques National Park near Marseille, which offers fantastic hiking and azure waters for a swim.
- French Riviera (Côte d’Azur): Sun, sand, and sophistication come together in this coastal region. While Nice offers beautiful beaches and a vibrant promenade, places like Antibes have an interactive marine park, Marineland, which kids adore. Don’t forget to visit the fragrant Fragonard Perfume Factory in Grasse.
- Alsace: This fairy-tale-like region, with its timbered houses and winding streets, is a delight. Strasbourg offers boat tours and an impressive cathedral, while the smaller town of Colmar feels straight out of a storybook. A drive along the Alsace Wine Route introduces families to vineyards and charming villages.
- French Alps: Not just a winter destination, the Alps are a playground year-round. Besides skiing, families can enjoy summer hiking, paragliding, and visiting cheese farms. The town of Annecy, with its pristine lake and canals, is often called the “Venice of the Alps” and is perfect for boating and picnicking.
- Dordogne: With prehistoric caves like Lascaux, medieval towns, and river activities, this region offers a mix of history and adventure. Canoeing down the Dordogne river or exploring the gardens of Marqueyssac are must-dos.
Across these regions, the warmth of French hospitality shines through, making family trips memorable.
Each area offers a unique flavor of French culture, ensuring that both adults and children return enriched and enthralled.
The Air France Experience: Traveling in Comfort
Air France’s commitment to quality ensures a travel experience marked by comfort and elegance. Expect top-notch in-flight services, generous baggage allowances, and personalized customer care.
Fare Options and Flexibility
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Air France offers various fare options to suit your needs. With flexible booking policies, traveling with Air France is both enjoyable and hassle-free.
France’s beauty transcends beyond Paris’s dazzling streets into landscapes filled with history, art, and gastronomic delights.
Whether you book flights to Paris or opt for direct flights to France, your adventure is destined to be filled with unforgettable memories.
Air France makes your French exploration easy and pleasurable, ensuring a journey tailored to your dreams. With myriad options, including direct flights to lesser-known gems and bustling metropolises alike, the only question that remains is: where in France will your heart take you? Start planning with Air France today, and let your French adventure unfold!
Anna Marikar, mum of four and seasoned blogger, has spent over a decade sharing her parenting journey and passion for kid-friendly crafts and free printables.
Her easy-to-follow craft ideas and practical parenting advice have transformed In The Playroom into a cherished resource for parents.