These wholesome muffins are filled with a hidden strawberry heart centre. The beauty is finding a surprise strawberry heart in the centre of these lovely muffins – they are filled with love! Try serving with dollop of yoghurt.
This muffin recipe from Organix makes a great wholesome snack. For a sweeter treat, you could use lighter-weight white flour and replace the oats with more flour. This recipe makes 12 muffins, they are suitable for freezing and suitable for babies from 10 months and up
• 100g oats
• 300g sprouted whole grain spelt flour (or standard whole wheat or plain white flour if you prefer)
• 3 tsps baking powder (or use self raising flour instead)
• 50g desiccated coconut
• 2 large eggs
• 20 small strawberries, hulled
• 1 ripe banana
• Juice and zest of 1 orange
• 60mls melted coconut oil, melted butter or vegetable oil (whichever you prefer)
• 60mls maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
Secret heart centre
• 12 small whole strawberries, hulled
• An extra sprinkle of desiccated coconut for each muffin
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Blitz together all the wet ingredients in a blender until smooth.
4. Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredient mixture. Mix together lightly with a fork to keep in as much air as possible. Chop the additional 20 strawberries and then lightly stir through the mixture.
5. Place a spoonful of mixture into the bottom of each case, then place one of the 12 whole strawberries, point end up, into each case, then cover with more mixture so that the strawberry is covered. Finally sprinkle with a little desiccated coconut.
Tada.. Strawberry heart muffins – Yum!
More Healthy Treat Recipe for Kids
For even more healthy and tasty recipes for the whole family to enjoy, follow our Pinterest boards
And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
For more healthy recipes for the whole family to enjoy, go to the Organix website https://