Today I have another fun snack idea to share with you, that young children are sure to love. My boys were crazy about trains when they were toddlers; they really would have loved this healthy snack idea! And even now, they think that this train snack is pretty cool.
This healthy snack is the 2nd in a series of fun food plates that I will be sharing featuring Organix products.
To make this fun and healthy snack you will need:
- 3 Organix tomato slices
- 3 Organix red pepper hearts
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- ½ cherry tomato
- 4 nibs of sweetcorn
- thick slice of red pepper
Here’s how to make your train snack!
- Peel the carrot and cut in half across the middle and then each piece lengthwise creating 4 chunky batons.
- Cut the courgette into very thin slices lengthwise. Roast both with a drizzle of olive oil in a moderately hot oven for about 20-25minutes, until golden. (The courgette may need to come out first).
- Cut the red pepper into a train chimney shape and a little square to link the carriages.
- Create your picture:
Place one roasted piece of courgette at the bottom of the plate as a train track.
Add three wheels, then the carrot and pepper to make the train
Add the hearts for smoke, and the tomato and sweetcorn as sunshine.
You might also like:
- Healthy Caterpillar Snack for Kids
- Healthy Breakfast Yoghurt Parfait for Kids to Make
- Springtime Bento Lunch
Follow our healthy food board on Pinterest for even more ideas
And don’t forget to pin this idea for later!