Kids do often break things and make a mess. It’s pretty much inevitable somewhere along the line but to help minimise the damage caused by your beloved offspring why not try some of these simple parenting hacks to childproof (almost) everything. These tips will help to prevent your children from coming to any harm, and protect your belongings from being accidentally broken!
As a first time parent with my eldest as a baby, I used to let him hold my phone and even teethe on it since he liked it so much. Well, needless to say it soon broke due to water damage after he had drooled on it so much! Nice I know.. I have since learned my lesson, and was not so free and easy with letting my second and third children use my phone as a toy.
Parenting Hacks to Fix and Childproof (Nearly) Everything
Of course, not everything can be fixed, and it’s always worth having insurance to cover your valuables so that you don’t stress so much in the instances that they can’t be!
If you bank with TSB, you can benefit from their Added Value current accounts which come complete with AXA Travel Insurance, AA Breakdown Cover, Mobile Phone Insurance provided by LSG and much more.
But for those little fixes that you can do yourself – why not try some of these simple ideas.
1. Build a phone holder out of Lego, for your kids to watch videos hands free. If they don’t need to pick it up and carry it around there’s less chance of it being dropped or broken!
2. Fix tangled dolls hair with this simple method
From: Housing a Forest
3. Use a shower curtain as a mat for painting and messy play to protect your furniture
4. If you need to clean your old shower curtain before using it, here’s how.
5. Use a glue gun on the bottom of slippery shoes to prevent your child from slipping
6. Remove stains from carpets with this 2 ingredient spray
From: Kids Activities Blog
7. Glue up the holes in your bath toys so that there is no space for that weird black mould to grow (you know the stuff I mean!)
8. Put your iPad into “kid mode” : Instructions here
9. Create a cardboard organiser to keep phones out of reach on the counter top, and prevent breakages.
From: Crafto Art
10. Keep toddlers away from computer power buttons with Sugru
From: Mama Smiles
11. Use a cupcake liner underneath lollies to prevent drips and sticky messes on clothes and furniture
13. Clean your dirty Lego with this easy method
From: Gettin By
14. Prevent doors from closing with a rubber band
From: Good House Keeping
I hope these come in handy! If you have some tried and tested tips of your own, share them in the comments.
Don’t forget to pin them so that you can come back to them when you need them!
You might also like:
- DIY Sensory Table Ikea Hack
- Top 50 Signs of Being a Mum
- Mums Magic Tricks – Practical Parenting Tips To Make Life Easier!
Post in association with TSB