Last month I shared a simple but fun waffle nachos recipe from Birds Eye. If you are looking for more ideas to make these easy favourite foods a little more exciting and different then why not try these waffle submarines too! An under the sea theme is always fun and this recipe will make a super easy and quick meal that is comforting and healthy for your kids after a busy day.
Waffle Submarine Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven and cook Bird’s Eye potato waffles (1 per person) as per pack instructions.
- Cook Bird’s Eye Field Fresh Garden peas and Field Fresh supersweet sweet corn as per pack instructions
- Drain peas and mash in a pan
- Spread peas over plate and place waffle on top
- Top waffle with tuna and sweet corn
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese
- Place under grill until cheese is nicely melted
It couldn’t be much easier!
These recipes were created for children by children so they should hopefully appeal to most little ones.
You can find all of these ingredients in most good supermarkets in the frozen section:
- Waffles 1.46 for a 10 pack
- Peas 1.25 for a 400g pack and 2.19 for a 800g pack
You might also be interested in these easy and comforting after school dinner ideas using potatoes:
For more on an under the sea theme for kids, try these fun ideas:
For more tasty recipes, follow our Pinterest board and come back for two more Birds Eye recipes soon!