The run up to Christmas is such a WONDERFUL time of year to get crafty with the kids – the days grow shorter, the cold weather draws in. Blustery winds blow or rain pelts down on us. Time to retreat into the warm indoors, make a nice cup of hot chocolate and get crafty with the kids. If you are looking for Christmas Crafts for Kids, look no further. We believe in EASY Crafts for Kids too. Life needs to be fun and not all too complicated. The key to crafting with kids, is to prepare a little (it really doesn’t take long) and also to have a nice handy list of ideas to make. We have selected 8 of our most favourite Christmas crafts today – which double up nicely as Christmas ornaments/ Tree decorations. A great way to display your makes or to give them to family and friends as small gifts from the children. A Christmas Tree ornament makes a great teacher’s gift too! So here we go.
- Walnut Reindeers Ornaments – based on traditional crafting from Germany, crafting with walnuts is a great way to explore new techniques and ideas! And these reindeer ornaments are particularly cute. The best bit? You get to nibble on healthy walnuts whilst you craft away!
- Paper Fan Angels – these are wonderful –as you can make them in small – perfect for the Christmas Tree (or for adding to the front of a Greeting Card as a special card to send), but can also be made larger to hang at the wall. Decorate to your hearts content. So sweet.
- We adore these DIY Paper Baubles – they look complicated to make, but to be honest? They are OH SO EASY!! Really, they are. And kids will love to make them too. Make them multi coloured, shaped or make two different sizes and turn them into snowmen. Brilliant.
- We are great fans of salt dough (check out this easy Salt Dough Recipe here), it is inexpensive, fun and oh so versatile. We particularly adore these clever Fingerprint Family Tree Ornaments. Oh wow, how precious indeed!
- Simple felt button stars – this is a great little craft that teaches your kids the basic to sew – don’t worry, you don’t have to be an expert yourself. It is simple and straight forward and a great way to get you all started. And boy, will they be proud of themselves when done!
- Adorable TP Roll Angels (or use kitchen paper towel rolls if you prefer). These are not only fun to make, but will look perfect on the top of your Christmas Tree. Say aaaah.
- Or how about these cutiest – make a Gingerbread Garland – perfect for going around the Christmas tree, but also for hanging from a mantle piece!
- Finally, we have some oh so happy SANTA CORKS (we love them so much, we made penguin ornaments and snowmen decorations too!). How jolly are these little guys? They actually make a great craft for selling at a Charity Fun Raiser too. Create a production line of making and sell them at the local school fair!
I do hope you have enjoyed this selection of Christmas Ornaments for Kids to make! And we very much hope that you are feeling inspired and will have at least one memory making Christmas crafting session with the kids in your life!! Happy Christmas!!!
This is a guest post from the lovely Red Ted Art
Don’t forget to pin these ideas for later!