For our American readers and those celebrating 4th July this weekend, here’s a simple and fun way to create a tasty 4th July patriotic treat – a red white and blue ice cream sandwich!
This fun food idea was contributed by a mom in the US, who shares how she made these tasty treats.
Store-bought ice cream sandwiches (Contributor recommended Klondike)
Red and blue M&Ms
Red and blue sprinkles
Wooden craft stick
Optional: Red, white and blue foil garland
Directions : How to make your 4th July Ice Cream Sandwich
1. Firmly press colored M&Ms onto all 4 sides of an ice cream sandwich.
2. Sprinkle red and blue sprinkles on all 4 sides of an ice cream sandwich.
3. Place back in freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, wrap foil garland around the top of wooden craft sticks.
5. Before serving, insert the decorated sticks into the middle of each sandwich.
Don’t they look fun and great for this weekend’s celebration?
More 4th July Ideas
You might also like these creative 4th July printables, free to download and decorate for Independence Day
And for lots more fun and simple recipes to try out, make sure that you are following our kitchen, baking and cooking board over on Pinterest
Don’t forget to pin this 4th July treat idea for later!