This year Fathers Day is Sunday June 15th. If you’re still thinking of how to treat the Dad in your families life, here are some Fathers Day Gift ideas!
Food & Drink Related Gifts
- Who can say no to chocolate? Thortons have loads of great selections to treat Dad for Fathers Day. We got a nuts and chocolate hamper which makes a great gift!
- Baker Days do personalised cakes with pictures or messages on, which we have tried before and are very nice! We had one before for anniversary. They also fit through the letterbox which could be handy if Dad is working away or anything like that.
- A family meal out is always nice; Quality time for all the family.
Ideas for Quality Time
Spending quality time with the kids is always nice on mothers or fathers day, that’s what the day is all about to us. You could put together a bundle with an ice cream maker (ours is from IWOOT) and a couple of DVDs to have a relaxed movie night with the kids.
This would be a sweet gift for kids to give to remind Dad that they love to spend time with him.
- Personalised gifts always have the extra thoughtful touch. What about a personalised photobook customised exactly how you would like it, for the children to read with their Dad at bedtime? We reviewed love2read personalised books here
- Or you could make Dad the main character of a story. We also reviewed a personalised book from Its Your Story, all about a zoo adventure with Dad! Have a look here for more details and to see our thoughts.
- You could also get a phone cover or mug printed with a picture of Dad and the kids.
- There are quite a few companies that will print your Instagram pics into magnets, could be a cool idea if Dad is into his Instagram, especially if there are some nice pics of him and the kids. One company is Instajunction and you can see our review here
- Cufflinks – La Jewellery have some lovely ones with “I love Dad” on in a very subtle design, so it has the message on it but it’s something he could still realistically wear in the office. See more details here
Gifts for Dads with a young baby
- A teething necklace for Dad to wear, to help him spend some quality time bonding. Have a look here for details about this from Gumigem
- Bibs or clothing with “Dad” slogans to dress up baby for the occasion! Funky Giraffe have Father’s Day bibs available, see our review here.
Ideas on a Budget
- Home-made gifts done by the children: They could make him the usual card or painting, or even try something a bit different like painting on rocks to make a paper weight or decoration for him. We made some of these before here, not for any occasion, but you could encourage the children to paint the word Dad on it, or paint a small picture of Dad if they are old enough.
- Any painting or picture can be made a bit more special by framing it. They have some extra deep frames very cheap in Ikea if you need to accomodate kid’s masterpieces with bits and pieces stuck onto it (pasta, pom poms and all the usual!) There are some for £3.50 which is pretty good (It’s called Ribba frame) as I have seen this idea elsewhere a lot more expensive!
- Making a special picture out of babies hand or footprints
Look out for a full post of home made gift and card ideas soon!
After all that, If you are still unsure, then there is always the trusty gift certificate. Amazon is a good choice, because they have such a wide range!
Image source Shutterstock