Cinderella is out on DVD and Blu-Ray on 24th August here in the UK, and to celebrate I have some Cinderella themed crafts and activity sheets to share with you. I saw the movie in the cinema with 6 year old boy and 10 year old niece, and we all enjoyed it a lot! (I wasn’t sure if it would appeal to both genders – but it did!). If you haven’t seen it yet, then you’re in for a treat when you watch the movie at home!
To get yourself in the Cinderella mood, why not try out this fun recycled rag mice craft and create some little mice friends, like Cinderella has in her attic!
You can print out these instructions in PDF format at the end of the post.
How to Make Recycled Rag Mice
You will need:
- fabric swatches
- safety scissors
- needle and thread
- dry rice
Adult supervision is required.
How to make the body
- Carefully cut two identical tear drop shaped pieces of fabric (approach 3.5″ x 5″)
- Sandwich fabric together with the exterior sides facing each other
- Stitch together leaving 1″ of the bottom edge open
- Turn connected fabric inside out through the opening
- Full the body with dry rice
For the tail
- Cut out a 7″ long 1/4 ” wide strip of fabric (or a shoelace) and insert it 1″ deep into the bottom opening of the body
- Stitch the body closed securely over the tail to complete the mouse body
- Carefully cut out two identical mouse ear shapes (ovals with flat bottom on the short side)
- Stich ears into place approx 2″ up from the nose
- Stitch two identical buttons into place approx 1/2″ below the ears, towards the nose
You might also like:
Follow our Disney board on Pinterest for more