As people age, there’s no doubt that some experiences can be scary, especially when the time comes to think about long-term care.
Alzheimer’s and dementia are two of these scary experiences, as is the need for immediate medical care.
But what if you or someone close to you is dealing with issues that aren’t quite so scary?
After considerable research over the last several years, people have found that cbd oil can help to treat health issues, such as pain, inflammation, anxiety, and insomnia among seniors.
Of course, it is important to note that these problems can affect people of different ages too.
So, let’s learn more about CBD oil and how it can help.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil has received a lot of attention recently, and rightfully so. It’s a non-intoxicating component of cannabis that has been shown to have incredible results for those who have an illness.
This includes seniors that are either suffering from symptoms associated with physical ailments, or with issues such as Alzheimer’s.
Essential oils have been a health trend for some time, but CBD oil is taking that popularity to another level.
Studies show that CBD can treat many ailments, including pain, nausea, depression, and insomnia.
CBD oil is non-psychoactive; in other words, it doesn’t get you high. Instead, it has been shown to help with a whole host of ailments, some of which are well-known, while others still need in-depth research before determining whether it is effective.
The health benefits of CBD oil have been getting a lot of attention lately.
The substance is derived from the cannabis plant, but unlike its recreational counterpart, marijuana, CBD oil is legal in most countries now and is becoming even more widespread.
In order to improve their quality of life, seniors, in particular, are starting to see the benefits of CBD oil.
What Are the Health Benefits of CBD for Seniors?
- Relieves Arthritis Pain – CBD has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Originally made from hemp, CBD oil is a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis. CBD oil doesn’t produce a high, but it helps to relieve pain by interacting with your endocannabinoid system, which is involved in the regulation of many biological processes.
- Relieves Chronic Pain – Seniors often suffer from chronic, debilitating pain. Many of them try to find relief through prescription painkillers, which can lead to addiction. While painkillers aren’t without risk, they often provide immediate pain relief. However, there may be some side effects that seniors experience when they stop taking their painkillers. They could come in the form of severe withdrawal symptoms and discomfort. That being said, CBD oil can help to offer pain relief without the side effects.
- Reduces Inflammation – Chronic inflammation has been linked to many diseases, including cancer, diabetes, osteoarthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and depression. Luckily, many have found that CBD can reduce inflammation in the body. Depending on your own personal preference, you can consume this product through oil, capsules, ointments and gels.
- Reduces Muscles Spasms – If you are a senior and suffer from spasticity with a neurodegenerative disorder, you know how painful and debilitating these spasms can be. The fear of having these spasms increase can lead to extreme anxiety, depression, and fear about your future. One of the many benefits of CBD is that they can reduce these types of spasms.
- Improves Sleep – Sleep is vital to good health, but our bodies naturally lose the ability to sleep deeply and soundly through the night when we age. This is normal, but it affects both our short and long-term health. In a recent study, CBD was shown to have a positive effect on sleep.
- Prevents Symptoms Related to Alzheimer’s Disease – If you think older people only use supplements for cosmetic reasons, you couldn’t be further from the truth. Many supplements, including those that contain CBD, help older people maintain healthy brain function, as well as reduce symptoms of conditions like Alzheimer’s.
Seniors who may have struggled with the likes of chronic pain for years are finally finding relief in the alternative cannabis treatment known as CBD oil.
Doctors are prescribing this oil to help seniors with arthritis, neuropathy, diabetes, cancer, multiple sclerosis, and other conditions.
However, before trying this product for yourself, you need to make sure that you speak with a medical professional first.
This is so you can understand everything there is to know about CBD and what to expect when taking it.
Because of the different types of ailments it can help with, many people, including seniors, are making the decision to try CBD for themselves.
Though many are just looking for relief, others are hoping that it can provide them with a good quality of life during their golden years.
So, if you are a senior, we hope the information in this article has helped you to learn more about how CBD can help with your health.