Fresh salmon is high in omega 3 fats which helps to keep your heart healthy and can also speed up your metabolism. This spicy cajun salmon sandwich recipe makes a great healthy and tasty lunch!
• 1 large wild salmon fillet skinned and cut into 4 portions
• 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
• 1 small avocado, pitted
• 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
• 8 slices of LivLife bread
• 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl. To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on slice and top with salmon, tomato and onion.
Enjoy your delicious spicy Salmon Sandwich!
LivLife is a new bread boasting 50% fewer carbs per 100g, compared to regular seeded, white and brown sliced loaves. See more in my New Year – Healthy Food post here.
Pin the recipe?
Like this post? Follow us for more!